Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe weather 2-7 LA into MS

janetjanet998

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Okay, understood. I guess I'm more fascinated with severe so I'm coming from different place.

I hear ya.....I'm more of a severe weather enthusiast as well, been a member of this forum (back when it was eastern weather) since 2007, but don't post as much as most since all my posts are usually during severe weather outbreaks (of which there have hardly been any major since the spring of 2011).  Too bad there aren't more severe weather enthusiasts on here, but I enjoy the winter discussions as well.  TWC had some video/pics of the New Orleans tornado, looked to be quite strong.

- Buck

tornado warning for previously-hit Albany, Georgia (that is, hit over a week ago)

* Until 630 PM EST

* At 605 PM EST, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
  was located 9 miles southwest of Albany, moving northeast at 40
  mph.

HAZARD...Tornado and quarter size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

ULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  
TORNADO WARNING  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSON MS  
523 PM CST TUE FEB 7 2017  

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN JACKSON HAS ISSUED A  

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  
  NORTHEASTERN JASPER COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI...  
  WEST CENTRAL CLARKE COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI...  

* UNTIL 630 PM CST  

* AT 523 PM CST, A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR GARLANDVILLE,  
  OR 11 MILES SOUTH OF NEWTON, MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 25 MPH.  

HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO AND GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL.   

SOURCE...WEATHER SPOTTERS CONFIRMED TORNADO.   

2 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

It's starting to hammer here in Tallahassee.  Very windy and rainy and we are under a Severe Thundersrorm Warning for up to 70 MPH wind gusts.  I hope we don't lose power again like the other week.

Good luck, Man. Sorry you are in it, and being very self centered I hoping G'ville is not in the crosshairs later tonight :lightning:

4 hours ago, NWLinnCountyIA said:

This picture is not from this event. I've seen it several times, not really sure where it's from, but it's certainly not new.

EDIT: Looks like Chickasha, OK May 24, 2011. 

It looks a lot like the other images of the Donaldsonville tornado today. It did look familiar ... thanks for the correction. I should have posted the ones with the refineries and chem plants that I am very familiar with in the foreground :)

10 hours ago, andyhb said:

Livingston Perish tornado also rated EF3 for damage to transmission towers. Killian is EF2.

The Killian tornado ramped up as it went into the marshes. It would be difficult to access areas to assess damage on those and in many instances not much vegetation to look at. The only "thing" it crossed was the I-55 bridge and concrete tends to fare well in all but the most violent tornadoes.

I suspect that tornado may have actually been the equal of the other two. 

The Killian and Watson tornadoes both passed ~16 and ~12 miles from my home as the crow flies. 

3 hours ago, weunice said:

The Killian tornado ramped up as it went into the marshes. It would be difficult to access areas to assess damage on those and in many instances not much vegetation to look at. The only "thing" it crossed was the I-55 bridge and concrete tends to fare well in all but the most violent tornadoes.

I suspect that tornado may have actually been the equal of the other two. 

The Killian and Watson tornadoes both passed ~16 and ~12 miles from my home as the crow flies. 

I'm fairly certain that crow didn't fly in a straight line that day.

Archived