Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9 Cold Rain Event

yoda

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, H2O said:

Oh just stop it.  Enough.  Do I need to go back and find all your "how we lookin?" type posts that can be found at times in other instances?  

EVERYONE craps up a thread.  The LR one had tons of talk about old storms from 1979.  Storm mode hasn't been kicked in so rigid clamping down on BS posts hasn't happened.  

I hope we go into Storm Mode in this forum just to see the utter chaos the mods would have to deal with.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Montgomery county is going to see a crazy gradient given the trends on guidance today. Areas down near you might be 1-2" at most while Germantown to the north will be 3-5" with highest over Pars Ridge and Damascus. I would kill for just a 20 mile shift south at this rate to get everyone into NoVa and southern half of the county feeling a bit more comfortable. 

It's the reason why we worked with LWX WFO to split the county into 2 zones.  We run the zone split around 500 foot in elevation contour and it's worked really well for us, DOT, Police and Fire as well as our municipal partners.  

14 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

LOL.  Start a thread they said.  It'll be fun they said.

5 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

:lol: 

5 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Somehow, all of this is starting to fit together.

4 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Me, me.  Do me!!

4 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I resemble that remark.

3 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Excuse me?

3 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Toaster

36 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This thread is awful.  It should be closed and another started....without the off topic stuff.  It's unusual for me to say something like that, but when this discussion went from the storm to which group of posters would have their panties in a wad it convinced me that we need to start over.

15 total post by you in this thread so far.  He's 8 of them so roughly half.  Yup.  But please.  keep complaining on how bad a thread is.  

10 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

It's the reason why we worked with LWX WFO to split the county into 2 zones.  We run the zone split around 500 foot in elevation contour and it's worked really well for us, DOT, Police and Fire as well as our municipal partners.  

I'm at 550 elevation in Northeast Gaithersburg so I'm really hoping it plays to my advantage.

30 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

wasn't that a closed off 500mb bowling ball?  obviously this is not...its a well placed, dynamic, and precip laden low that has no real cold to work with. 

Awesome storm. The ULL trailed the surface and basically swung/shot a cannonball of snow at us.  It was also a much colder airmass in place. People might remember we got some accumulating snow that morning on decks/grass/cartops. No street stickage. 

5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

maybe we should just close and delete this thread.  I mean it now says just "cold rain"...that is more fitting of a caption for the subforum

yes, lets! I'll create the northern subforum posters only thread in return. 

Archived