Newest Member
    joxey
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah i dunno about that, everything is on the table at this point, i would say an all snow event is just as much on the table as a CT Mix with R/S line at 84.

Yes, we lay the options on the table but then you look at all the info at your disposal and go with a call at d3...speaking from my persoective where its just a hobby of mine, this is what I think the most likely outcome is. i dont need to tread carefullyand slowly reveal myself like pros do. if i see it, which i did several days ago, i pounce. this aint done coming nw imo. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yes, we lay the options on the table but then you look at all the info at your disposal and go with a call at d3...speaking from my persoective where its just a hobby of mine, this is what I think the most likely outcome is. i dont need to tread carefullyand slowly reveal myself like pros do. if i see it, which i did several days ago, i pounce. this aint done coming nw imo. 

lol tell us how you really feel. That's fine to make a call like that i just don't think any one option is more likely than another right now, a flat solution/complete whiff is just as likely imo.

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

lol tell us how you really feel. That's fine to make a call like that i just don't think any one option is more likely than another right now, a flat solution/complete whiff is just as likely imo.

ha, Its all fun here with me. I get the whole "what can go wrong" and "any solution is out there" thought process esp if you do this for a living. 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I said I'd wait for the euro... and it's meh... I'm not betting against it. People can ride the NAM if they'd like

You're meh'ing what's been the seasonal trend.  No major storms, save for 1 that got only our area.  This one may end up that way as well.  Do I think it misses us?  No.

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I'm very interested to see where the NWS goes with this for the PM shift GGEM remains a flat whiff, GFS NAM go in one direction, EC goes in the other, my guess would pops stay at high chance/low likely and play it safe until next cycle/shift.

I think you play it middle...the GEM is the only model that gives nothing. You probably aren't issuing any watches this early with the confidence levels where they're at right now. But definitely have high pops in the forecast and emphasize snow could accumulate. Hopefully 00z tonight is a clearer picture.

Archived