Newest Member
    joxey
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Some ensemble members are really amped up with our storm.

two of the members had 12 to 18" snow results ... wicked torqued 500 mb negative tilt with meso-beta scaled dynamically induced negative anomaly means there are intense events going on aloft as those members evolved this thing.  

Not saying the even will evolve exactly like this, but I was taken aback by the presentation at least a little by those members that look this way... 

s.jpg

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

two of the members had 12 to 18" snow results ... wicked torqued 500 mb negative tilt with meso-beta scaled dynamically induced negative anomaly means there are intense events going on aloft as those members evolved this thing.  

Not saying things will evolve like this, but I was taken aback by the presentation at least a little by those members that look this way... 

s.jpg

To me that image would imply the northern stream caught up to the southern stream tugging it back W.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

To me that image would imply the northern stream caught up to the southern stream tugging it back W.

OH yeah... those member with cleaner phasing go nuts ...as they should...

That's an open wave progression but a with superior mechanics working it still bombs the result, and in time to nail the upper MA and SNE/E ME. . That's like 1004 to 980something inside of 12 hours there... Pretty excessive deepening rates - that's 0 vis snow there in a solution that wild.  

Should also point out/make clear: that's cherry picked 00z member(s) - 

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

OH yeah... those member with cleaner phasing go nuts ...as they should...

That's an open wave progression but a with superior mechanics working it still bombs the result, and in time to nail the upper MA and SNE/E ME. . That's like 1004 to 980something inside of 12 hours there... Pretty excessive deepening rates - that's 0 vis snow there in a solution that wild.  

Should also point out/make clear: that's cherry picked 00z member(s) - 

Oh definitely, but the fact that some ensemble members show this extreme scenario tells me that the potential is at least there for a blizzard.

A few things: 

seems like the slower this thing develops... the better the end result will be for us.

also....id definitely favor a quicker type solution like the GFS right now, which would keep maximum amounts at around 6" or so. Unless there is evidence in future model runs that could really slow this down... it looks like a quick hitter.

Im also guessing the CMC is out to lunch... but will wait to see what the euro does before making that claim 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

A few things: 

seems like the slower this thing develops... the better the end result will be for us.

also....id definitely favor a quicker type solution like the GFS right now, which would keep maximum amounts at around 6" or so. Unless there is evidence in future model runs that could really slow this down... it looks like a quick hitter.

Im also guessing the CMC is out to lunch... but will wait to see what the euro does before making that claim 

So you are ignoring the Euro?

Archived