Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know peeps were saying SoE in CT are reserved for feb 13 type amounts but rarely do you get a statewide 12+ event impacting both commutes squarely in the head. Maybe SoE no, but sometype of travel ban by the gov. youre putting peoples safety at stake right now. i know i sound like James as if the day after tomorrow is occurring but its just not smart governing imo to have every school closed but business as usual. too many logistics nightmares for parents, caregivers, and so forth. 

25 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

994.5mb low now right over the DE coastline

Congrats James!

A secondary max of 18" is possible along the coast
of Plymouth county and the upper Cape where OES contributions
increase late this afternoon and evening as much colder air streams
across the relatively warm ocean waters on gusty NNE winds. Isolated
20" amounts not out of the question especially if thundersnow
materializes.

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I know peeps were saying SoE in CT are reserved for feb 13 type amounts but rarely do you get a statewide 12+ event impacting both commutes squarely in the head. Maybe SoE no, but sometype of travel ban by the gov. youre putting peoples safety at stake right now. i know i sound like James as if the day after tomorrow is occurring but its just not smart governing imo to have every school closed but business as usual. too many logistics nightmares for parents, caregivers, and so forth. 

Yea no doubt he should have done a travel ban for the brunt of this.

I like a general 10-15" MAX for this event.

Someone could lolli more but i think with the way this is so consolidated we are asking for a bust forecasting any more than that.

I think there will be some areas that take a bit longer to get steady rates going while others rip for hrs prior (and i don't mean western areas first)

I like a general  forecast of  8-14" forecast for this event with the higher end more likely down by SE CT, RI, SE MA

39 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I like a general 10-15" MAX for this event.

Someone could lolli more but i think with the way this is so consolidated we are asking for a bust forecasting any more than that.

I think there will be some areas that take a bit longer to get steady rates going while others rip for hrs prior (and i don't mean western areas first)

I like a general  forecast of  8-14" forecast for this event with the higher end more likely down by SE CT, RI, SE MA

Take the over. 

Archived