• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Sorry man.  I hope you get clobbered soon.  I din't realize that BTV averages 81" per year.  Wow!  Hopefully the CP, HV snow drought ends soon.  FYI, my daughter is probably going to UVM next year.  

Yeah we will be lucky to reach 50 inches this season. We barely made it past 30 last year. So again no complaints down there lol as we are in toaster bath territory and then some.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

whats the threshold? I thought it was more about timing ie weekday vs weekend and night vs day type of thing as well as totals.

SOE is reserved for events like Feb 13 I would guess when the state was literally at a stand still, even if we do get the 18" of this fluff tommorrow it should be pretty well cleaned up by night fall on the state roadways atleast. 

3 minutes ago, Johnno said:

SOE is reserved for events like Feb 13 I would guess when the state was literally at a stand still, even if we do get the 18" of this fluff tommorrow it should be pretty well cleaned up by night fall on the state roadways atleast. 

Oh, reserve it for a once in a 25 year snowstorm? yea i get that but what is the bottom range of issuing it...?

11 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Yeah we will be lucky to reach 50 inches this season. We barely made it past 30 last year. So again no complaints down there lol as we are in toaster bath territory and then some.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I won't complain this storm since my expectations are so low lol.  We average 60.3", had 16.9 last year and we are at 20.6" this year.  Normal to date is 38.5".  Misery loves company.  

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Oh, reserve it for a once in a 25 year snowstorm? yea i get that but what is the bottom range of issuing it...?

Yeah that's kind of what it is for. The major storms. This one isn't going to be that bad and it's in and out of here during the day tomorrow. I imagine you'd have to have statewide 18 inches minimum. Obviously not a hard and fast rule, but that's just a guess. A fast moving dump of 8-12 with some local 15 inch jacks is basically a moderate snowstorm for around here and isn't going to shut down the state.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Probably easier for me, because I can overlay the NAM heights and 00z balloon obs. But you can check the model heights versus the balloon obs manually once they hit the web.

Gotcha. We should just pay people to do this stuff, don't you think?

Archived