Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Why is it that the Grey NWS office is always last to the party?  I live 500 yards north of the MA border and miss belonging to the BOX CWA.

I live in SE Grafton County in NH.  Nothing issued at all.  Not even a WWA.  Yet 3 miles SE of me a Winter Storm Warning.  Everything I see on models show 5- 10" for my area.  It's hard with the big counties up here.  Most of Grafton counties population is in the SE corner.  

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I live in SE Grafton County in NH.  Nothing issued at all.  Not even a WWA.  Yet 3 miles SE of me a Winter Storm Warning.  Everything I see on models show 5- 10" for my area.  It's hard with the big counties up here.  Most of Grafton counties population is in the SE corner.  

For the record, I do hate the look of a winter storm warning against nothing. 

But there are some red flags on the north side. Some sneaky low level subsidence, some lift above the snow growth zone. So I think the cutoff will be sharp.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

For the record, I do hate the look of a winter storm warning against nothing. 

But there are some red flags on the north side. Some sneaky low level subsidence, some lift above the snow growth zone. So I think the cutoff will be sharp.

Sounds like a Bruce Willis Special.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Throw your antecedent as far as you can into Boston Harbor

It has the feeling of waiting for a late March snowstorm with the mildness this afternoon...only difference is we aren't getting a paste bomb. This will quickly go cold/powdery.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It has the feeling of waiting for a late March snowstorm with the mildness this afternoon...only difference is we aren't getting a paste bomb. This will quickly go cold/powdery.

I was trying to remember, was working in Pawcatuck Ct the time, day before was 53, maybe 87? 

Archived