Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Is this gonna be like Feb 2013? Just keeps adding to the joy?

No, not nearly a long enough storm. We could see some 15-18" amounts...maybe even some 20"+ lollis can't be ruled out, but w'ere not seeing a widespread 30"+ jackpot with everyone else getting 20"+ in a storm that barely lasts 10-12 hours.

It's so hard to get those 18"+ amounts on a storm this fast. Maybe the best analog for trying to have that happen is Feb 5, 2001....though this storm might be moving even faster than that one did.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

No, not nearly a long enough storm. We could see some 15-18" amounts...maybe even some 20"+ loolis can't be ruled out, but w'ere not seeing a widespread 30"+ jackpot with everyone else getting 20"+ in a storm that barely lasts 10-12 hours.

It's so hard to get those 18"+ amounts on a storm this fast. Maybe the best analog for trying to have that happen is Feb 5, 2001....though this storm might be moving even faster than that was did.

Thank you. Its feeding frenzy time, so some of the stuff coming out can be a little confusing out of context.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No, not nearly a long enough storm. We could see some 15-18" amounts...maybe even some 20"+ lollis can't be ruled out, but w'ere not seeing a widespread 30"+ jackpot with everyone else getting 20"+ in a storm that barely lasts 10-12 hours.

It's so hard to get those 18"+ amounts on a storm this fast. Maybe the best analog for trying to have that happen is Feb 5, 2001....though this storm might be moving even faster than that one did.

We've been banging the 2/5/01 analog a lot in the NYC forum.  This looks like that to me (a bit faster), except a bit colder and faster.  

1 minute ago, danstorm said:

We've been banging the 2/5/01 analog a lot in the NYC forum.  This looks like that to me (a bit faster), except a bit colder and faster.  

Yeah I was thinking of that analog yesterday....a fast moving system with insane snowfall rates. I agree this one looks even faster than that storm...that storm was about 12 hours....this one might be more like 10.

Archived