• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Can anyone give me an estimate on the timing on this storm?  We're going to be driving from Old Saybrook CT up Route 9 then from Middletown up I-91 tomorrow morning on the way to northern Vermont. Will the storm be full on at 7am-8am tomorrow morning? Just trying to get an idea if we should leave sooner or later.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ct-vt-trekker said:

Can anyone give me an estimate on the timing on this storm?  We're going to be driving from Old Saybrook CT up Route 9 then from Middletown up I-91 tomorrow morning on the way to northern Vermont. Will the storm be full on at 7am-8am tomorrow morning? Just trying to get an idea if we should leave sooner or later.

That would be the worst time to drive. Snow will be in here by 4:00 AM

Leave by 3:00

3 minutes ago, ct-vt-trekker said:

Leave sooner. You may be fine at 7 but figuring the time it takes to drive you will be driving into a mess, id try to leave by 5 or earlier if possible.

6 minutes ago, ackwaves said:

Thanks. Yup. Mostly a good thumping on the backside of the storm. Might verify blizzard if ratios go up fast enough before precip finishes

Would not shock me to see BOX throw up a Blizzard Watch at this point for the Outer Cape/ Islands. 

And yeah, yeah I dismissed the notion of the B work a couple days ago but guidance really has this thing bombing out as it passes by now.

8 minutes ago, ct-vt-trekker said:

Yes leave early

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's folks who view not getting the jackpot as being "screwed". Which of course, there's nothing anyone can do about it...they feel how they feel, even if it's fairly irrational.

But for this storm, I don't think there will be a lot of nasty sub-zones. Any of them that form should be fairly transient and I think everyone will get some good rates for a few hours.

Nobody down there has the right to b**ch until they have gone through what we have in the CPV for the last 2 years LOL.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dendrite almost had a mini-melt last night in the NNE thread...as much as is possible for him.  

Champlain Valley and Eastern NY can b*tch for years even if it starts snowing, they've earned it.

Thank you Powderfreak.  You're like the therapist for us CV HV mentally damaged whack jobs.  Permission granted?  Here goes.  I've been melting down on the inside for years!  This has been an epic suckish left out of the party stretch.  My frequent trips to the mountains and the Tug Hill keep me from dropping the toaster in the tub, although it is plugged in, next to the tub and ready to go.  F*** the freakin HV and it's increasingly screwy screw zone and all of the popular beautiful kids to my S and E who keep stealing my freaking snow!  My fear is that Climate Change is causing a rapid redistribution of the snow.  I did some calcs and Boston and Albany have had virtually the exact same amount of snow for the last 11 seasons (totalled up).  When Albany averages 60" and Boston is what, like 48", that's crazy for an 11 year streak.  Alb should be 20% higher.  Statistically nearly impossible without some outside driving force.  WTF is going on.

Melt Down Rant Complete - Thank you Powderfreak for permission.  Now I will enjoy this beautiful storm and whatever love it shows me....and I look forward to everyone's sweet pics of death bands and their aftermath.

57 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You'd think after mostly nickels all winter, there wouldn't be so much angst over 9" vs 14"....everyone should enjoy this one as it should be pretty widespread. The only people who should be complaining are up in dendrite-land where they rightfully can worry about being fringed...or the non-Stowe VT posters who can't buy a break this winter while being forced to look at 3-foot depths posted by powderfreak just miles away.

boggles the mind really - 

Just now, WhiteLawns said:

Can anyone tell me about what time this storm will end in the Torrington ct area? My second plow truck driver apparently has something to do on Friday and can't stay up late. The whole plowing route takes him about 6-8 hours. I would really appreciate it guys!

•  

Seems like late afternoon . Maybe by 4:00 there 

1 minute ago, WhiteLawns said:

Can anyone tell me about what time this storm will end in the Torrington ct area? My second plow truck driver apparently has something to do on Friday and can't stay up late. The whole plowing route takes him about 6-8 hours. I would really appreciate it guys!

•  

Probably between 2 and 4 at the latest

Archived