Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, I don't think there has been much magic in CT last couple of years. Well ern CT caught the def band in Jan 2015.

Yeah, it's like the God's Country deathband myth that took on a life of its own on here after 2011 (both winter and the Octo-bomb)...the myth I don't think died until the 2015 snow blitz...not even after they got screwed multiple times in 2013 and 2014.

I figure after CT's insane band in Feb 2013, we'll prob need to wait another winter for that myth to die also.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, I don't think there has been much magic in CT last couple of years. Well ern CT caught the def band in Jan 2015.

Central CT caught a ridic band of 2-3/hr on Feb 1st 2015 which put us at a foot. The first 6" fell at night and it was supposed to be over essentially.... then we got hit during the day with another 6 in just over 2 hours. 

Just now, db306 said:

Ya I mean pretty much everyone is gonna get a decent event with exception of some of the outer fringe areas.  Just never would imagine people getting their panties in a twist over a certain version of a map lol

Basically part of the game.... can't let someone else enjoy 18 if I'm only gonna get 15.... but it's all in fun for most of us. The exceptions literally speak for themselves--their anger is palpable and they often wish bad sh*t on everyone else if they don't get nailed.

You'd think after mostly nickels all winter, there wouldn't be so much angst over 9" vs 14"....everyone should enjoy this one as it should be pretty widespread. The only people who should be complaining are up in dendrite-land where they rightfully can worry about being fringed...or the non-Stowe VT posters who can't buy a break this winter while being forced to look at 3-foot depths posted by powderfreak just miles away.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You'd think after mostly nickels all winter, there wouldn't be so much angst over 9" vs 14"....everyone should enjoy this one as it should be pretty widespread. The only people who should be complaining are up in dendrite-land where they rightfully can worry about being fringed...or the non-Stowe, VT posters who can't buy a break this winter while being forced to look at 3-foot depths posted by powderfreak just miles away.

Some forget a few days back there was no storm.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

all fun and games until the jacks are fought over at nowcast time. Once the snow falls we high five each other shirtless. Well, except for MPM. 

That's often how it goes...once the moderate to heavy snow engulfs the region, most forget about whining over the jackpots. There's always an exception or three, but usually everyone becomes mesmerized by the heavy rates.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's often how it goes...once the moderate to heavy snow engulfs the region, most forget about whining over the jackpots. There's always an exception or three, but usually everyone becomes mesmerized by the heavy rates.

You mean as long as those rates are directly over their heads?? lol

I really don't understand jackpot fetishes, obviously it's nice to get the most snow and no one would complain but if you area is forecasted to get 6 to 12 and you get 10 and another town gets 12, how can you be upset over that? As long as I end up in the range that I was forecasted to get, I'm happy. So basically anywhere between 6 and 12 and ill be happy with this storm, without a doubt.

Archived