Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

3 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

If the far NW band sets up in the Litchtfield Hills into the Eastern Berkshires, Albany might have trouble hitting 2" as subsidence to the NW of the band eats our snow.  Looking for a sharper northwest cutoff than what is modelled.  If the decade continues as it has, it will be interesting to see how much Alb avg. snowfall drops again in 2020.  It's been ticking down ever since I've moved up here as the new SNE snowbelt develops.

Not sure where exactly that far NW band will setup, but not thinking more than a few inches from here over to ALB.  ALY currently has you in the 4-6" zone.

Yea, its hard to imagine that ALB and ORH currently have similar averages, but both heading in opposite directions when the new averages come out.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

i dont have much confidence in this system nw of a s ct ri south shore and SE line.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities for a few more minor tics east and a more wound up tighter precipitation field.  

I am certainly leaning towards the area from Taunton NW  towards let's say Sterling being the best spots. 

13 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Not sure where exactly that far NW band will setup, but not thinking more than a few inches from here over to ALB.  ALY currently has you in the 4-6" zone.

Yea, its hard to imagine that ALB and ORH currently have similar averages, but both heading in opposite directions when the new averages come out.

When I first moved up here from CT in the 90's ALB averaged near 65".  It dropped to just under 60 in 2010, but NWS ALB corrected it to include missing data and it's now sitting somewhere near 61"  I get a little bit more up here, but it's still been quiet relatively speaking.  Parts of Eastern SNE should really be rocking tomorrow morning.  Looking forward to pics!

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's not out of the realm of possibilities for a few more minor tics east and a more wound up tighter precipitation field.  

I am certainly leaning towards the area from Taunton NW  towards let's say Sterling being the best spots. 

I would extend that to NW RI, NE CT from Ginxy north to SE Orh county; this area always seems to jack

23 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

So I'll be sucking exhaust along with MoneyPitMeh and HuffyDave.  As we know, SE MA is the new snow capital of NE --- at least for coastal storms. 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

hoping it gets inflow going

the 0z play by play sounded like this then it was weaker due to poor inflow

I'm toggling it between 0z and 12z and this run looks like it has better inflow already.

Also, I know it's a clown map, but WOW! That's a huge area of 3" per hour.

clown.gif

Archived