Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ag3 said:

People are forgetting Jan. 27, 2011 if they can't believe 12"-24" in a few hours.

Or Feb. 2006, where the deform band dropped an obscene amount.

3-5 inches an hour and I was out in it 70-80% of the time and remember the historic SPS Upton put out. When I saw it , I swea it made my heart beat faster

2 minutes ago, nyblizz44 said:

3-5 inches an hour and I was out in it 70-80% of the time and remember the historic SPS Upton put out. When I saw it , I swea it made my heart beat faster

Ah I was not living here at the time.  Was actually an extremely crappy winter in DC.  Anybody have it?  Would love to read.

7 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

Anyone know where the 850 and 925 lines are right now? Would like to see how they progress from NW to SE

Bookmark this site.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=16#

You have everything here.

As of 22z, the 850mb line was down to Orange County.

925mb line down to Sullivan County.

700 mb is south of VA.

7 minutes ago, liwxfan said:

Could that departing system off the coast slow this thing down just a little more then currently forecast?

Was just looking at that, def think it is playing a part in this becoming a potential wide spread MECS (12"+) storm.     Our storm is still moving fast but it would prob be leaving quicker without the traffic ahead.  Interesting for sure as 500mb lacks any blocking.  

gfs_uv250_namer_3.png

38 minutes ago, ag3 said:

People are forgetting Jan. 27, 2011 if they can't believe 12"-24" in a few hours.

I think this is a hybrid of those two events. First a wall of white that gets everyone with 1-2" hour rates and up to 8" then a deform band that has the insane rates 3"+. Where the deform band sets up and possibly stalls you see he 18-20" jackpot for our area 

wow i heard the decision would be made to close the schools at 11:00pm i'm glad they decided to give it earlier..

40 minutes ago, ag3 said:

if i am correct that 2006 storm dropped 11 inches of snow in 3 hours in central park..

Archived