SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only way I could see a max of 4-8 is if the storm outruns the cold air. Every model, even those short termers, is 8+ for NYC.

I don't see that happening. The storm is a factor of the baroclynicity being produced between the cold air behind the front and the warm air in front of it (warmer waters as well). If the storm outruns the cold air, it wouldn't be on the cold front...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Just now, Snowshack said:

58 in Hauppauge still.  Pretty wild to think there could be 12" otg in 18 hours.  

yeah we all get in on the fun,i still think this slows down a bit. there's a low right off the coast that impeeds forward momentum of our storm later on and it kind of keeps the cold air from rushing in very fast. so still some minor uncertainties but it's looking great for us.

2 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

Sorry, thought most people here knew I Iived in Mahwah, NJ which is a far NW burb.

My guess is that if I don't know, having been here since Day One and way back on every board that ever was, then probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the posters and especially more casual readers don't know either.  It's simple to add...

2 minutes ago, sferic said:

Even if we got 50mm of liquid we couldnt churn out 20 to 30 inches of snow in just a few hours.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

your right,we lose some to warm ground temps,warm air temps and plain rain,esp right on the coast itself..but i still think a foot+ across the whole city is very real.

Archived