Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, yhbrooklyn said:

Thanks. I like these, too. Which show how much we've lost in December, March and April, but how beefy Jan-Feb have been.

2017-02-08_10-35-21.jpg

The snowfall season has, on average, become more compressed, but the intense snowfalls during the January-February period have more than compensated for the losses from the shortening of the snowfall season. Thank you for sharing these graphs.

Again, let's not lose the forest for the trees.  Accumulation nuances are really noise right now.  The CCB will engulf just about everyone and dump - could be some heavier embedded bands but you are all going to get heavy snow.

Snowfall for this board is actually about as uniform as it gets for a given storm.

I like PB's 8-12 with lollis to 15 right now.

10 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Here's what I'm noticing, RGEM imo is too confined with the heavier swath of snow, the track/intensity looks in line with guidance but really confines its mod/heavy band... GFS and Nam both extend that banding about 50 miles further than RGEM

Often times that ends up being the case though.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

If you're on the mainland you will probably be okay. If you're on a barrier island, not so much.

20 minutes inland. Will be a nowcast event for us in extreme SNJ. We need that cold air to push that r/s line as south as possible. Slower system gives us more time. I'm encouraged by the RGEM and GFS continuing to model that colder air closer and closer to the coast. Although the NAM has held serve. Euro will be telling.

Just now, RUMG11 said:

20 minutes inland. Will be a nowcast event for us in extreme SNJ. We need that cold air to push that r/s line as south as possible. Slower system gives us more time. I'm encouraged by the RGEM and GFS continuing to model that colder air closer and closer to the coast. Although the NAM has held serve. Euro will be telling.

So you moved to Atlantic County? Where abouts? I am very familiar. 

Very long time lurker (back to NE weather) and enjoy the PBP.

With this storm there seems to be some disparity in start time between 2AM and 5AM.  With jury duty in Hackensack looming tomorrow AM, I am hoping enough has fallen by around 6-7AM so it's clear that it needs to be canceled.  Anyone with jury duty and weather closure experience?

And thanks all for your wonderful analysis!

1 minute ago, jr461 said:

Very long time lurker (back to NE weather) and enjoy the PBP.

With this storm there seems to be some disparity in start time between 2AM and 5AM.  With jury duty in Hackensack looming tomorrow AM, I am hoping enough has fallen by around 6-7AM so it's clear that it needs to be canceled.  Anyone with jury duty and weather closure experience?

And thanks all for your wonderful analysis!

Not sure but I'd imagine they would have to cancel, even if only an inch is on the ground by 6 am

Archived