Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Stop with the bickering, we're all getting snow, and a lot of it. If you're too selfish to accept 10" when someone else might get 15", you should be embarrased. 

gfs_asnow_neus_10.png

I get the sentiment for sure. In winters past I'd be nail biting borderline and probably ultimately seeing a few inches.

This has deform band special written all over it. The kind of deal that reminds me off feb 06. Not saying those totals happen but somewhere some 2-3" hour rates are going to crank and add up quick. A general 10" smoothed out looks good with that sweet spot in the 18" range. If this thing were slower you would be looking at yet another one of the greats 

3 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Just to put the swing in perspective - tomorrow's forecast high of 62 would be a record for the date for NYC. From a record high to this in 12 hours. Geez.

I've mentioned this one before but Albany has the record for transitions that I've ever seen.  NYC actually joined in on this event too in April 2000.  It was 80 the day before and they had 14-16 inches of snow the next morning.  I think NYC had about 1 inch and it was around 65-70 here 

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I've mentioned this one before but Albany has the record for transitions that I've ever seen.  NYC actually joined in on this event too in April 2000.  It was 80 the day before and they had 14-16 inches of snow the next morning.  I think NYC had about 1 inch and it was around 65-70 here 

The biggest turnaround from high temperature to measurable snow for NYC occurred on February 25-26, 1930. On February 25, the temperature hit 75°. On February 26, 0.4" snow fell.

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

This has deform band special written all over it. The kind of deal that reminds me off feb 06. Not saying those totals happen but somewhere some 2-3" hour rates are going to crank and add up quick. A general 10" smoothed out looks good with that sweet spot in the 18" range. If this thing were slower you would be looking at yet another one of the greats 

novice here----is there any reason to think this storm could or might slow down or stall ?

Archived