Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JERSEYSNOWROB said:

ha ha ha was waiting for you to chime in!  Welcome back my man!  Monmouth looks solid too!

If the RGEM and UKIE are right , then we kill it too . A lot of these snow maps will be useless here . The snow growth out of some these soundings will allow some away from the coast to go 15 to 1 . ( some are 2 to 3 inches per hour ) . 

There is a ton of upward motion here so ratio`s will be better . Once the center gets off A/C even M/C will go right over " if " it starts as sleet and rain .

This looks likes 9 plus hours of very heavy snow .  There should be a lot of 12 inch amounts popping  up  just N of us . A true  MECS .

1 minute ago, PB GFI said:

If the RGEM and UKIE are right , then we kill it too . A lot of these snow maps will be useless here . The snow growth out of some these soundings will allow some away from the coast to go 15 to 1 .

There is a ton of upward motion here so ratio`s will be better . Once the center gets off A/C even M/C will go right over " if " it starts as sleet and rain .

This looks likes 9 plus hours of very heavy snow .  There should be a lot of 12 inch amounts pop up . A true  MECS .

Julian posted sounding in the NW thread... absolute perfect snow growth up here, we very well may only see .5-.75 LE, but could easily get a foot 

Hate doing this here, as we are 30+ hours out, but due to having a 5 month old that my wife drives to her parents, 30 miles away (Chester to Montville/Caldwell), before she heads to work, what are we thinking in terms of start time? 4-5 am, with increased intensity by 7-8am?

Obviously subject to change, but as the models are currently depicting.

Cheers gents.

2 minutes ago, danstorm said:

Paying attention to nuances in accumulation differences right now is a fool's errand.  Don't lose the forest for the trees.

And IMO N&W folks needn't worry.  

Like I said before Ratio will save us if the Nam isn't correct, 15:1 or greater looks highly likely up here, soundings show near perfect snow growth, don't think I've seen much better as of late

8 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Hate doing this here, as we are 30+ hours out, but due to having a 5 month old that my wife drives to her parents, 30 miles away (Chester to Montville/Caldwell), before she heads to work, what are we thinking in terms of start time? 4-5 am, with increased intensity by 7-8am?

Obviously subject to change, but as the models are currently depicting.

Cheers gents.

The GFS has like 8" on the ground already by 7am so it looks like the heaviest may be 4am-noon but some models are slower and have the bulk after sunrise

Archived