Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 8-9 Potential Snow System

snowlover2

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

man, I really hate to be that  weenie :bag:...  and I fully understand my doppler radar may be skewed by my weenie goggles....noting all of that, it just looks like the HRRR is too far north and too slow with the incoming snow band through IN and OH.   

Ok, I'm embarassed /\     Once a weenie always a weenie.   :mellow:  HRRR doing just fine

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chambana said:

Looks like my Kankakee call will be money. Rates not good enough to fully accumulate here, having trouble. Still nice to see snow flying though. 

Got the fireplace going, with a pot of veggie soup.

2 inches here mostly on grassy and shade areas.  South of here did better.  

Coming down at a good clip now.  Roads are covered.  Probably another inch in the last 90 minutes, 2.5 total so far by the ruler.  Was hoping for it to go until 9 or 10 tonight.  The "storm" was supposed to slow down some but it's not looking that way ATM.  I just want to hit 4 to take a little of the bitterness out of this winter ;)

It's crazy to hear about snow to the south while it was dry and partly sunny here.  Seen some videos out of Champaign that looked like it was coming down nicely.

Glad to here some people to the south got to feel like it was winter, even though it may only last a day or two

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Happy you guys to the south are finally getting some snow!

Yup! Thanks. Although CMI picked up 2" (our biggest snowfall of the season) it's awesome to have a winter landscape, sets the tone nicely with my fireplace going! 

Nice over perfromer for folks just north of me, especially around Bloomington. Seen a 5" measurement . Nice little sneaky event. 

11 hours ago, osubrett2 said:

HRRR is painting Champaign/Urbana to north of Indy and up to Lima, OH as the "winners" of this system.

For Columbus, temperatures will be in the 40s all day and don't drop below freezing until most of the precip is out of here. I suspect we'll start off as rain and switch to a sloppy 1" of snow that should only stick to grassy and elevated surfaces. I'd rather get nothing than get teased from the west, north, and east. Whatever falls will be gone by Saturday since we'll jump back into the 60s.

No rain, but the snow is so light it's barely noticeable. You have to look into the street lights to see the flakes.

My redneck measuring stick says 3.5 with a proven +/- 20% error rate.  Never broke out my boards this winter lol.  Finally can't see grass. Took the dog for a ride for the last 45 min.  It was really coming down, actually have some drifting on the country roads.   Secondary roads are pretty treacherous on the traction side.  First time this winter been able to enjoy the silence of a decent fresh snowfall, one of my favorite things.  Looks to be done. Should be picturesque come sunrise with the temps crashing into the teens, it's stuck to everything.  Yes, I'm Tony Robbins self esteeming this thing up as much as I can.  Might be the only chance of the winter lol.  Hope points East are cashing in on it.  This upgraded my winter to a D- :weenie:

Archived