SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 7th Mixed Bag North of the Pike

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was up until midnight snowblowing and cleaning up paths for the chickens.

What a mistake.

There's like an inch new of sleet and zr on top of everything. I just spent 2 hours scraping and shoveling it off. It wouldve been 100x easier if i had just left it down and snowblowed the crust right off the top. FML

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What a mistake.

There's like an inch new of sleet and zr on top of everything. I just spent 2 hours scraping and shoveling it off. It wouldve been 100x easier if i had just left it down and snowblowed the crust right off the top. FML

That is my plan for when I get home.  I thought about clearing round 1 yesterday evening but got lazy.  Other than the top of my driveway, I think I made the right decision.  All told between the two rounds of precip, it looks like 4"-5" after compaction from the sleet and freezing rain.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We really dodged a shotgun bullet . 

Eh, even if it torched, it's getting replaced in like 20 hours, lol.

But gonna be hard to melt off the snow/sleet pack over the interior with only a few hours of 40s...esp once the drier dewpoints start advecting in.

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

What a mistake.

I always leave it until its done in these situations, Might be because of my 50+ yrs of experience.................lol

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice, SR 13 new

Glad to see the mts got dumped on.  For a multi P-type event, depths were surprisingly similar from the coast thru the foothills - usually there's a gradient as one moves inland, unless there's a qpf cutoff.

I measured thrice in this event.  At 7 yesterday I had 0.7" from the overnight puff, with just 0.02" LE.  At 9 last night with snow rate just shy of heavy, I added 2.5" with 0.24" LE.  Then the overnight brought 2.0" of snow/IP with 0.49" LE.  No ZR; temp was still barely above 10 when precip quit about 7 AM (almost exactly as GFS had modeled - at least it was close to correct somewhere.)  Ratios for the 3 measurements were 35, 10, and 4.  Storm total 5.2" from 0.75" LE.  Thanks to mucho sleet, pack only grew 3".

Archived