Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7th Mixed Bag North of the Pike

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Chris--how'd things play out snow-wise?  I sure am glad we got more sleet.  :)

I've been out of the loop--just saw a watch up for tomorrow night/Thursday.  Cool.

26.3* at the Pit off a 1:30 high of 27.6

I'm close to 3" before the pelting began, you probably held snow longer on the hill.  It dumped between 9-11am.  

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Actually the sleet line is approaching CON and Mark based on CC...so this may be some wet aggs aloft? I haven't really been following obs today.

Just went outside and has changed over to mostly mangled refrozen flakes.  Down to 20f now.

32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

3.5" here since this am and getting ready for round two

In Augusta the snow futzed around between -SN and barely there, might have added an inch or so to the 1/2" OG at 8 this morning.  Doubt we did any better at home - had 0.7" of 35:1 fluff as I left the house.  Temp hanging mid teens.  The opening act is moving offstage and the featured performer soon to begin.

Saw your query about Thursday - GFS has really moved that one NW, from a clean whiff to advisory level as far inland as RUM.  Could still do a James White move and evade us completely. 

In Augusta the snow futzed around between -SN and barely there, might have added an inch or so to the 1/2" OG at 8 this morning.  Doubt we did any better at home - had 0.7" of 35:1 fluff as I left the house.  Temp hanging mid teens.  The opening act is moving offstage and the featured performer soon to begin.

Saw your query about Thursday - GFS has really moved that one NW, from a clean whiff to advisory level as far inland as RUM.  Could still do a James White move and evade us completely. 

We could use a couple bumps back NW for the heavier precip thurs

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You can see things sinking more S and SSE now out west near 495 and I-90 junction...this is a pretty impressive cold tuck, these temps are not just a tick or two below freezing....this is flash freeze stuff:

Feb7_545pmTemps.gif

Gotta love those messed up personal weather stations, apparently one spot in MA is 65F!

Archived