Newest Member
    joxey
Countdown to Winter 2017-2018 Thread

eyewall

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wow...Scooter going for a monster winter. Everyone get the shovels and snowblowers ready. 

I have all his caution flags here in Chicago.  I plan to stuff them in a big azz shredder when I get to O’Hare for my flight back to Boston tomorrow late day.

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I have all his caution flags here in Chicago.  I plan to stuff them in a big azz shredder when I get to O’Hare for my flight back to Boston tomorrow late day.

Yeah no caution flags this year from Scooter. He's going December 1970 with a January 2011 for his Niña analogs. 

2 minutes ago, LoveSN+ said:

Not sure how much stock to put into the last two weeks of the Euro weeklies, but they don't look good. DIT's one eyed pig comes back with a vengeance.

They do? I did not see that. Week 3 has a +PNA. Week 4 looks like a hint of a -EPO, but also ridging in New Englnd and SE Canada so probably not a cool look there. But I do not see the one eyed weenie.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

They do? I did not see that. Week 3 has a +PNA. Week 4 looks like a hint of a -EPO, but also ridging in New Englnd and SE Canada so probably not a cool look there. But I do not see the one eyed weenie.

I guess it was more the very last week, you are right.

30 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Everything I’ve looked at shows ridging in AK for most of Nov. Unless models are completely off with breaking down DITs piggy bank, dont see it being an issue atm.

If there's a deep vortex over AK for most of November (esp the 2nd half), then we'd be in big trouble. There's a pretty high correlation between what that area looks like in November during La Ninas and how the winter pans out for our area. Not surprising that it has more significance in a Nina than a Nino since Ninas tend to be more front loaded.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah no caution flags this year from Scooter. He's going December 1970 with a January 2011 for his Niña analogs. 

December 1970 is an analog I keep going back to, also. I remember it. Very snowy here in Worcester and a brutally cold January (same pattern the year before--January 1970 was only surpassed by February 2015).

1 minute ago, LoveSN+ said:

Where do ya'll usually meet up at?

Clarke's in Boston...right near Faneuil Hall.

They've tolerated us quite well...though they've never seen us before an impeding winter storm. Maybe this will be the year we get the whole place riled up for the 00z NAM run.

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Clarke's in Boston...right near Faneuil Hall.

They've tolerated us quite well...though they've never seen us before an impeding winter storm. Maybe this will be the year we get the whole place riled up for the 00z NAM run.

12/23?

I put the O/U on 850s at +5C. 

Archived