eyewall

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Big winter coming, 1961-62?   lol

Bees_zpseuiwwvrd.png

:lol:
Did not work well in Ft. Kent.  In fall 1982 I saw nests 12' up a tree, and later saw the grass after a mid-January thaw.  Next year the only nests I saw were about 6" off the ground, and had been mostly destroyed by skunks.  That was followed by the winter when my 61" snow stake was overtopped.  In late summer of 1985 I encountered (safely) perhaps the biggest hornets' nest I'd ever seen, in a young birch tree.  The nest was so heavy that the poor sapling was bent over like a croquet wicket - I guess each new generation of hornets was reducing the snowfall forecast. 

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

12z EURO day 10 has a monster EC storm developing.

hitting the bottle early? seriously, only about 0.5% of the "monsters" on the 10 day euro do anything for anyone on the eastern seaboard. 

can you maybe make a pledge this year to tone it down a bit? 

10 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

hitting the bottle early? seriously, only about 0.5% of the "monsters" on the 10 day euro do anything for anyone on the eastern seaboard. 

can you maybe make a pledge this year to tone it down a bit? 

It's never too early to hype 240 hr plus east coast storms. 

3 minutes ago, LoveSN+ said:

It's never too early to hype 240 hr plus east coast storms. 

this is true. not sure if you have been around here the past few years, but he does it pretty much every single model run, and talks about it in every thread. it has gotten quite old.

Just now, SJonesWX said:

this is true. not sure if you have been around here the past few years, but he does it pretty much every single model run, and talks about it in every thread. it has gotten quite old.

I've been more of a lurker in the NE thread the past few years, but have seen enough of his posts to understand the nature of them. ;)

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nothing impressive in SNE in that list

Parts of SNE though....ORH had around 100 inches in 1971-1972 and had over 100" in 2000-2001. 2008-2009 was pretty darned good for most of SNE....not historic, but pretty damned good.

Though I'm surprised 1995-1996 was not on there. That was a weak Nino.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Parts of SNE though....ORH had around 100 inches in 1971-1972 and had over 100" in 2000-2001. 2008-2009 was pretty darned good for most of SNE....not historic, but pretty damned good.

00-01 was impressive but i tend not to judge winters by a snowfall total, look at last year

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Oh.   Well I stopped at CPC trimonthly of 0.9.   I saw 1995 1996 at 1.0.   Should I have included that?

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Is that moderate now?

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Oh.   Well I stopped at CPC trimonthly of 0.9.   I saw 1995 1996 at 1.0.   Should I have included that?

You included '83-'84 which had a max trimonthly of 1.0....so I assumed you included the 1.0s in weak.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Is that moderate now?

Probably. I hate the new system though....'71-'00 was easier. But now they update it like every few years...and some weird ones have appeared as a result that don't even much sense climatologically such as El Ninos forming in late winter/early spring.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You included '83-'84 which had a max trimonthly of 1.0....so I assumed you included the 1.0s in weak.

Probably. I hate the new system though....'71-'00 was easier. But now they update it like every few years...and some weird ones have appeared as a result that don't even much sense climatologically such as El Ninos forming in late winter/early spring.

Oh thanks missed that. 

Random question. 

Do we know of any TV stations that have any preliminary forecasts out as of yet? 

Last year I seem to remember there being a lot, but despite my google searches this year I can't find any/many 'video' forecasts from stations/channels that I can view in the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 hour ago, UKStormFan said:

Random question. 

Do we know of any TV stations that have any preliminary forecasts out as of yet? 

Last year I seem to remember there being a lot, but despite my google searches this year I can't find any/many 'video' forecasts from stations/channels that I can view in the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated!

A few Boston area mets are putting out seaonal forecasts early November

Archived