Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
WxUSAF

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so many complaints over a thunderstorm warning that was legit. silly weenies. 

winds were fierce when that line came through last night, woke me from a sound sleep. pretty blustery this morning. lots of small branches down in my area. no power issues (thankfully). 

Saw a 110 mph wind from Wintergreen's weatherbug site last night around midnight. Not sure how accurate the site/location is, but that is impressive none the less. Highest I recorded was 51 mph. Still steady 20-25 with gusts into upper 30's from WNW here. Temp is down to right at freezing after shattering old mark of 68 from 1999 with a 72.5.....crazy for Feb.

9 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Roaring out there.  I recorded 45mph which means we probably were in the low 50s.  My 2nd highest gust after a synoptic system in 2014.  Too many trees to get that high during summer storms, but they've mostly missed me anyway (had the anemometer at ground level during the derecho).

Got a 48mph reading after midnight (along with a 45 and 47).  That is my new #1 with March 2014 in 2nd and Sandy in 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I love chasing my patio furniture.  Is there anything more useless and annoying than wind?  Maybe heat, but at least you can go swimming in that.  Nope, nothing more useless than wind.

Totally agree with you there. Warm wind, cold wind I don't care I do not like wind. 

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

Ended up being somewhat meh here in Bethesda compared to other areas.  The big winds may have been in pockets or it could be that I was in inland NC during hurricane Fran lol.  It's definitely windy here but no real big gusts.  Still whipping a bit tho.

Pretty decent here in N. Bethesda, but nothing like Fran.   I was in Chapel Hill for that, and the winds were more impressive than when I was in the eye of Hurricane Charley ('86).  Definitely the most impressive wind event of my life, though the Derecho was a pretty impressive second.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Pretty decent here in N. Bethesda, but nothing like Fran.   I was in Chapel Hill for that, and the winds were more impressive than when I was in the eye of Hurricane Charley ('86).  Definitely the most impressive wind event of my life, though the Derecho was a pretty impressive second.

Fran was intense.  I was north of Raleigh.  Legit sustained winds of my guess is around 30-40mph (maybe more)  at its peak where I was at...not gusts but constant wind.  Lots of trees and structures down.  Power outages everywhere.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived