Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WxUSAF

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MGorse said:

I think you meant to use the word awful. We do not forget them, but many times we have no idea what is happening there. Sterling can have those counties but that is not my call. 

Well sorry for the disrespect, but yeah, I think they should. This might sound stupid, but I often find it not productive when I in Essex MD am under a completely different advisory or warning than 15 miles across the bay in Kent County.

1 minute ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Well sorry for the disrespect, but yeah, I think they should. This might sound stupid, but I often find it not productive when I in Essex MD am under a completely different advisory or warning than 15 miles across the bay in Kent County.

It should be collaborated between offices but that is not always the case. NWS forecast area boundaries back in the day were mainly based on radar coverage. That is not much of a factor now. In my opinion my office should have all of NJ instead of splitting the far north with Upton. Perhaps one day this will change. 

1 minute ago, PaEasternWX said:

Kind off odd that a warning for Philadelphia county and Delaware county were issued and chester county were issued but not lancaster county. Does it have to do with the fact that lancaster county is out of the area that mt holly covers.

Lancaster County is handled by the State College NWS office. 

Took the dog for a quick walk 20 min ago (sterling/countryside)...winds picked up big time just as we got started...definitely some  fair amout of sleet pingers on the way back.   

Sadly that may have just been the best winter that I will experience.  

Debating a  road trip back to RI ..my home state for some good stuff....cuz it sucks down here...

7 minutes ago, MGorse said:

It should be collaborated between offices but that is not always the case. NWS forecast area boundaries back in the day were mainly based on radar coverage. That is not much of a factor now. In my opinion my office should have all of NJ instead of splitting the far north with Upton. Perhaps one day this will change. 

Fair enough. Btw, I do think the NWS does a great job....just maybe some of that collaborating stuff needs to be cleaned up :) 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived