Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WxUSAF

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, mappy said:

tell me more. i'm too busy drawing out survey transects to go outside. 

Sorry...

I was at a meeting a few blocks away, so I had the distinct pleasure of slowly walking in 60-degree sunshine for 15 minutes or so. It was simply awesome. Kiddo was apparently outside all day yesterday, too. Being able to get kids outside makes you appreciate the mild weather so much more!

Walked to the VRE station in only my suit this morning - no overcoat needed. Love it.

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

Sorry...

I was at a meeting a few blocks away, so I had the distinct pleasure of slowly walking in 60-degree sunshine for 15 minutes or so. It was simply awesome. Kiddo was apparently outside all day yesterday, too. Being able to get kids outside makes you appreciate the mild weather so much more!

Walked to the VRE station in only my suit this morning - no overcoat needed. Love it.

I'm going to make sure I get outside today, even if it just to drive around for a bit. 

14 minutes ago, mappy said:

I'm going to make sure I get outside today, even if it just to drive around for a bit. 

Definitely do it if you can. Reality is that we're more than a month away from regularly mild temps*, so it's nice to warm the bones a bit.

* Although we all know it's going to be cold and rainy from March through April.

17 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Definitely do it if you can. Reality is that we're more than a month away from regularly mild temps*, so it's nice to warm the bones a bit.

* Although we all know it's going to be cold and rainy from March through April.

I am actually looking forward to warmth. All the garden talk yesterday got me in the mood to get out and clean up my beds and figure out what/where I am planting this year. We have a huge area off to one side of our yard that was our brush pile. We took the time to slowly burn it over so the soil should be plenty rich to planting. It's just too far for a hose, and I'd have to build some sort of raised bed. Either way, I am kind of getting the itch to get out and do some yard work. 

58 minutes ago, mappy said:

I am actually looking forward to warmth. All the garden talk yesterday got me in the mood to get out and clean up my beds and figure out what/where I am planting this year. We have a huge area off to one side of our yard that was our brush pile. We took the time to slowly burn it over so the soil should be plenty rich to planting. It's just too far for a hose, and I'd have to build some sort of raised bed. Either way, I am kind of getting the itch to get out and do some yard work. 

Awesome. I feel exactly the same.

46 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

We did our "cleanup" a couple of weeks ago.  Was refreshing to have the beds prepped for the spring. 

Wife and daughter picked up dog crap yesterday, so that's a start.

Garlic has started popping up. Different than past years in that they usually grow a few inches before the cold weather sets in and the sun gets low. Since I planted it a couple weeks later than I normally do, they never got a chance to get going before dark season. I wonder if that'll help at all with bigger bulbs since they would have saved some energy by having limited fall growth.

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

At Sky Meadows State Park in northern Fauquier Co. this afternoon.  71 degrees here in the Blue Ridge with a nice breeze.

Sky Meadows is nice.  I wouldn't mind owning some land there or around Delaplane.  Then I look at the listings and realize that I'm not rich.

72.1 for the high.  Torchruary.

Obliterated

RECORD EVENT REPORT...CORRECTED NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC 359 PM EST TUE FEB 07 2017 ...RECORD DAILY HIGH TEMPERATURE SET IN THE WASHINGTON DC AREA... A RECORD DAILY HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 73 DEGREES WAS SET AT RONALD REAGAN NATIONAL AIRPORT NEAR WASHINGTON DC THIS AFTERNOON. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 64 DEGREES SET IN 2008 AND 1887.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived