Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

3 hours ago, H2O said:

i'll try to be nice.  A few of us have some limited mod powers and its been us that have periodically cleaned up a few posts here and there.  We mostly let things stay until people complain.  we don't have the green tags so thats why it sounds like we are being bossy.  well, its because we are the ones who are trying to help nudge people to stay on topic for the most part.

we could be a lot more strict and maybe we will be.

Be more strict.  Hey, limit all posts by everyone and let only 15 ppl post.  I bet that would be a lot of fun.  I'm sure less advertisement views will make the board owners real happy.  This is why I gravitate towards real online names/faces and away from this anonymous bs.  This place has good analysis but why should I be here when I can feel more free somewhere else.  Maybe I can just not say a dam word and read but I prefer to try to be engaged even if it's a silly post.  Whatever...I'm kinda done.  I am a weather hobbyist so I'm not thrilled exiting a weather board but I'm sure as hell not gonna get threatened with a warning.  F that noise.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Threatening posters (for defending themselves) with your mod "powers" (on a weather board no less) isn't a very good look.  That's why I preferred people like Ian and Bob...need more of those types on here.

You know what else isn't a good look? having to defend yourself on a weather board (no less) because someone called you out for making crappy posts. Perhaps if you didn't make crappy posts, you wouldn't be called out. We need more of those types on here. 

38 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Be more strict.  Hey, limit all posts by everyone and let only 15 ppl post.  I bet that would be a lot of fun.  I'm sure less advertisement views will make the board owners real happy.  This is why I gravitate towards real online names/faces and away from this anonymous bs.  This place has good analysis but why should I be here when I can feel more free somewhere else.  Maybe I can just not say a dam word and read but I prefer to try to be engaged even if it's a silly post.  Whatever...I'm kinda done.  I am a weather hobbyist so I'm not thrilled exiting a weather board but I'm sure as hell not gonna get threatened with a warning.  F that noise.

blah blah blah. Im hardly anonymous. But feel free to go elsewhere if you can't handle it. 

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

You know what else isn't a good look? having to defend yourself on a weather board (no less) because someone called you out for making crappy posts. Perhaps if you didn't make crappy posts, you wouldn't be called out. We need more of those types on here. 

Nah you missed the point.  I don't mind ppl calling me out, just say it straight up and don't do a roundabout.  Honestly, if I was a board owner your mod privileges would be stripped bare.  I wouldn't want someone like you repping my product.  You've had issues with countless posters over the years.  I've seen it.  Every year you got something to say about someone.  You should check yourself.

6 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Nah you missed the point.  I don't mind ppl calling me out, just say it straight up and don't do a roundabout.  Honestly, if I was a board owner your mod privileges would be stripped bare.  I wouldn't want someone like you repping my product.  You've had issues with countless posters over the years.  I've seen it.  Every year you got something to say about someone.  You should check yourself.

If Randy or Wow feel I need to have my "powers" removed, then that is their call and I respect that. In the meantime, I'll be sure to go check myself. 

59 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Well seeing as i let one of the board owners cup my moobs every 3 months I think I am ok.  

maybe you didn't see the part where we said we barely mod at all.  but cry more over one time people get asked to chill on occasion.

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

Well seeing as i let one of the board owners cup my moobs every 3 months I think I am ok.  

maybe you didn't see the part where we said we barely mod at all.  but cry more over one time people get asked to chill on occasion.

This is exactly the attitude I'm talking about. I'm not crying and wasn't even talking to you at first but now I'm crying.  Actually what I'm doing is standing up for the ppl that are prob too scared to post bc they think ppl like you are gonna troll them.  This board has always been overly modded and when it's not we have ppl like you resorting to passive rudeness.

3 minutes ago, 87storms said:

This is exactly the attitude I'm talking about. I'm not crying and wasn't even talking to you at first but now I'm crying.  Actually what I'm doing is standing up for the ppl that are prob too scared to post bc they think ppl like you are gonna troll them.  This board has always been overly modded and when it's not we have ppl like you resorting to passive rudeness.

Do want more moderation, or not? Cause Im not even sure what you are arguing over anymore.

NE Balti Zen called you out for making some bad post yestrerday in LR. 

I replied saying I had already made my opinions known (the day before, regarding someone else and a bad post).

You replied to me getting all salty over it. And i replied in kind.

So... can you just tell us how you would like us to proceed? Moderate? Don't moderate? Sit back and let the LR thread become a dumpster fire of "this winter sucks" and "ugh will it ever snow?". 

You guys are trying to sugarcoat it but it's a problem on here and has been for years.  You can be in denial or try to fix it.  It's not about me.  I'm tired of seeing ppl acting like ***holes on here especially to newbies and nothing being done bc they're part of the club.  It's lame and unfortunate bc there are quality posters on here but it gets clouded by negativity.  It happens every single year.

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

Do want more moderation, or not? Cause Im not even sure what you are arguing over anymore.

NE Balti Zen called you out for making some bad post yestrerday in LR. 

I replied saying I had already made my opinions known (the day before, regarding someone else and a bad post).

You replied to me getting all salty over it. And i replied in kind.

So... can you just tell us how you would like us to proceed? Moderate? Don't moderate? Sit back and let the LR thread become a dumpster fire of "this winter sucks" and "ugh will it ever snow?". 

Obviously mods are needed but Jesus Christ it's not like ppl are posting nonstop drivel or vacation pics.  How many mods are needed up in this joint lol.  My issue is with rudeness.  When ppl are rude to me I will snap back.  That's it.  That's how Im wired.  Look at every single one of my mostly play by play posts and you will be hard pressed to find a time that I called someone out.  If a mod has a problem with crap then just put out a notice so everyone sees it or send them a PM directly.  One person did that to me once and I respected that a lot more than someone just making a smart ass remark.  This is a place to get away from work for a minute.  It doesn't need to have negativity.  If ppl are using it to put ppl down then they need to take a step back.

11 minutes ago, kurtstack said:

Click Ignore on the non-quality posters and the thread will read just fine.  That ignore feature is my best friend.

we can moderate that too if you don't watch yourself.  Check yourself too while you are at it.  i'm checking myself.  we all should.

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

we can moderate that too if you don't watch yourself.  Check yourself too while you are at it.  i'm checking myself.  we all should.

You can moderate how I use the "ignore" feature?  Not sure exactly how or why you would moderate how I use the ignore feature?  That would be taking it to a whole new level.  I agree with your comment that we all need to think before we post.  It's a novel concept.  I certainly try to include substance in my posts in the long term thread - and post in here or the panic room when I just feel like venting frustration, but yeah I've slipped up, we all have.   

8 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Obviously mods are needed but Jesus Christ it's not like ppl are posting nonstop drivel or vacation pics.  How many mods are needed up in this joint lol.  My issue is with rudeness.  When ppl are rude to me I will snap back.  That's it.  That's how Im wired.  Look at every single one of my mostly play by play posts and you will be hard pressed to find a time that I called someone out.  If a mod has a problem with crap then just put out a notice so everyone sees it or send them a PM directly.  One person did that to me once and I respected that a lot more than someone just making a smart ass remark.  This is a place to get away from work for a minute.  It doesn't need to have negativity.  If ppl are using it to put ppl down then they need to take a step back.

But I did exactly what you are asking for? I made a comment in the LR thread TWO days ago asking people to dial back the nonsense posts. My reply yesterday was reaffirming that I had offered my opinion on it already and you were unnecessarily rude to me. 

So, I guess I am just confused at this point. You don't want rudeness, yet you were rude. You want either direct messaging or a mod to put all on notice, which I did, and yet I was still subjected to you telling me how awful I am. I give up at this point. Maybe someone else can act how you want them to. 

Just now, kurtstack said:

You can moderate how I use the "ignore" feature?  Not sure exactly how or why you would moderate how I use the ignore feature?  That would be taking it to a whole new level.  I agree with your comment that we all need to think before we post.  It's a novel concept.  I certainly try to include substance in my posts in the long term thread - and post in here or the panic room when I just feel like venting frustration, but yeah I've slipped up, we all have.   

i was making a joke

1 minute ago, kurtstack said:

he wasn't being serious ;) 

2 minutes ago, kurtstack said:

Right over my head, lol.

If there is one thing, other than my passive rudeness, that I hope people learn about me is that I am a smart ass and try to be funny.  Its hard to always do that with all the moderating that goes on here 24/7 but i try to bring levity to most everything.  sometimes it goes over like a fart in church or this winter and fails.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived