February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

I agree.

eta: and always have believed that

The 384 chart has been a friend to these boards for years. If there was a 639 chart, that would become the new BFF for model chasers. Just chill man, and allow the 384 to be part of the charm around here. 

2 minutes ago, isohume said:

The 384 chart has been a friend to these boards for years. If there was a 639 chart, that would become the new BFF for model chasers. Just chill man, and allow the 384 to be part of the charm around here. 

I won't allow it.  I'll just silently ignore that it's a thing.

1 hour ago, BTRWx said:

I'm just going to flat out change my view clarification.  I wasn't trying to insult anyone, but I was trying to change something I have no control or involvement in.  I'm sorry for the insult.  I learn from every instance here.  I'll be careful with my red-tagger view moving forward after this post.  If a weather pattern discussion can't support the men and women who actually study this $#!t for a living, then that's the more reason for me not to be so blunt so often.  Is that what you all wanted to hear from me?  It's banter for a reason.

no one implied red taggers aren't welcome in the pattern discussion thread and they are in fact encouraged, but some simply pushed back on your idea that they were needed to somehow censor or clean up the thread.  BIG difference, so lets not shift the debate here. 

Hate breaking into this all important discussion about the long range thread (Maybe we should have a thread discussing the long range thread?) but I wasn't sure where else my off topic banter belonged. So I decided the banter thread was probably the best place for it. :P 

I have to say, I am enjoying this warm weather. I can now leave the door open for the dogs to go in or out as they wish without my youngest pestering me every couple of minutes to open the door for her.

One other serious piece of banter. Who took the smirking devil icon and what did you do with him. Bring him back NOW!!!! :fulltilt: 

Okay, back to our discussion on the long range thread. GO!!!

32 minutes ago, isohume said:

Some people have posted those crazy 6 month charts and whatnot that the climate models put out.  I never gave them any attention and saw it as just good humor but I never minded it either. 

Hey, he is obviously not done with that shovel yet. 

You need to stop trying to help people with reasonable sound advice and level headed thinking. 

Yeah I don't know why I bother sometimes. I'd want someone to tell me to calm down if I was acting that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Gonna post in here as well because of just how bad the timing is. Chicago's radar, KLOT, is down. Confirmed large tornado heading into southern burbs. Unbelievably unlucky.

Bad day for it to be down.  Thankfully they have good coverage there from the adjacent radars, even if the low-levels aren't as well sampled.

52 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Lol at the severe thread. The poster stating that today is meh then tells people to stop posting about the midwest when he's called out for being wrong.

We're in an interesting transitional period. Snow = Prozac for the sub. No snow = manic bipolar schizophrenia with a side order of paranoid delusions 

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

Lol at the severe thread. The poster stating that today is meh then tells people to stop posting about the midwest when he's called out for being wrong.

Its okay... fatalities are reported and I-55 pics are like holy sh*t... but its  meh

• H2O unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

It's what ownership would want you to believe. Do you trust Snyder? Deadspin with compelling argument that he is being Zorn'd because Snyder wants him gone but doesn't want to pay him the remainder of his contract.

if you believe other reports its all Bruce Allen's doing.  He wants to be the one who gets any credit for the team doing well.  Not Scot

Archived