Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

20 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Personally, I had no issue with your op making the analogy you did. But, there are those who watch fox news and believe it is 100% legit. And many of these same folks also believe cnn is left wing garbage. So attempting to take an objective position on the validity of a specific media source gets roped into politics and is divisive. A line is drawn whether that was the intention or not.  As a computer science major, I am all about logic, truth, and proof. It should be simple to recognize/validate fact-based reporting. It should not be subjective, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Yeah, making objective observations about media sources shouldn't be censored here out of fear of sounding "political". On a science-based board, logic and truth should be encouraged.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, isohume said:

It'd be cool if this board had a political section where folks could engage in lively discourse and debate.

Knock your socks off buddy.  http://www.americanpol.com/bb/index.php?/forum/3-political-roundtable/

Like you I'm good w debate but only where it's 2 sided and civil. What little I've posted/read in there was met w/lots of bashin by a few that seem to "know it all". That to me is not an open forum for opinions....more like open season on any non like minded voices. Have fun. 

Nut. 

agenda. becomes propaganda and then vise versa.

opinion everybody has one, but because of past division and propaganda everyone thinks they have a agenda.

most should place their agenda on their families, children, helping others, making sure that elderly are well. hold the door for somebody.  and not make their opinions a agenda. 

the biggest problem is everyone wants to be a winner, got to be right. most yungers can't take being wrong, they can't stand loosing, because even when their team lost 100 to 0 they still got a pat on the back and a trophy .

3 minutes ago, motsco said:

opinion everybody has one, but because of past division and propaganda everyone thinks they have a agenda.

most should place their agenda on their families, children, helping others, making sure that elderly are well. hold the door for somebody.  and not make their opinions a agenda. 

the biggest problem is everyone wants to be a winner, got to be right. most yungers can't take being wrong, they can't stand loosing, because even when their team lost 100 to 0 they still got a pat on the back and a trophy .

Fair points mots. Your paragraph 2 is a mantra to live by. 

Nut 

1 hour ago, motsco said:

But they'll be alive longer than you will be, so I'm not sure why you care. Literally, you won't be around to see what the 'yungers' do decades from now, one way or another. 

12 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Sometimes I think rural living would be nice.  Then I see that my in-laws are paying $80/mo for 3 mbps internet and I think, nah.

Would take that in a heartbeat. No traffic. Very little crime. No HOAs. Better cost of living. And as far as the internet, who needs it with all the crap that is going on nowadays. My wife and I are actually considering the Laurel highlands in Somerset county in a couple of years. Would be a dream come true. And this doesn't even take in account the snow of which they average 150-200 inches a year. :) 

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Would take that in a heartbeat. No traffic. Very little crime. No HOAs. Better cost of living. And as far as the internet, who needs it with all the crap that is going on nowadays. My wife and I are actually considering the Laurel highlands in Somerset county in a couple of years. Would be a dream come true. And this doesn't even take in account the snow of which they average 150-200 inches a year. :) 

That's funny, my main worry about rural areas is the crime.  Prefer not to have some meth-head/opiod addict breaking into my house.  I like that my house is surrounded by neighbors that either work from home or are retired and keep an eye out.

23 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

That's funny, my main worry about rural areas is the crime.  Prefer not to have some meth-head/opiod addict breaking into my house.  I like that my house is surrounded by neighbors that either work from home or are retired and keep an eye out.

It's the type of crime.  In rural areas it's usually the annoyance stuff.  

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

You are more concerned about crime in rural areas than DC / Balt / insert any other urban area in the world?  

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived