Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

At this point I'm fine with an above average March and April, and then a slow transition to normal then below normal for July and August. The days are getting bright and long, and this winter was like a bad investment so I'm ready to cut our losses and move on.

This is the perfect scenario. Hopefully we transition to a Nino and this is the result.

17 hours ago, mattie g said:

I'd love to but I have them sitting in the basement for next fall!

Very different beers. A lot of folks assume that BB is a barreled version of DB, but they're supposedly different grain and hop bills. But basically BB is a bigger, richer, thicker, barreled and bourbon-y Scotch ale. DB is lighter (if still with a kick) with more prevalent caramel notes.

Thanks. I will give the DB a try. One of the good places around here has that one.

Drinking a Mean Old Tom Stout from Maine Beer Co. A bit hoppy, notes of chocolate and vanilla bean, but feels light and silky smooth, almost like its on nitro. Apparently the flaked oats give it that characteristic. Lots of lacing. Outstanding.

8 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Yesterday Denver hit 80 degrees! Yes, crazy, 1st 80 degree temp EVER in Feb..meanwhile 70 miles away, my son's workplace (Keystone) had a high of 38 and low of 11 with 1/2 of snow falling overnight. That is nuts.

Good map.  Finally gave up mentally.  Acceptance the winter is just not going to produce.  Actually skipped looking at the last two sets of models.  Hoping next year is different.  

3 hours ago, MDstorm said:

One picture:

image.jpg

So, I just bought a house in Charlotte, VT.  It's the "snow hole" of Vermont and they are way down this year like most of us in the east but are still at 40" with an additional 12"+ coming over the next few days.  It will be interesting to have a place where the baseline is just so much higher than central Maryland.

Also, I'm going to have to totally learn the local climatology and patterns.  Reading the AFD was like reading greek.  

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BTV&issuedby=BTV&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

Had to put on my thinking cap from Met classes years ago to visualize the synoptic setup that leads to snow to the pretty distant west of a bombing, then vertically stacking low.  Gotta love a 500mb digging trough with a strengthening low level jet...

4 minutes ago, das said:

So, I just bought a house in Charlotte, VT.  It's the "snow hole" of Vermont and they are way down this year like most of us in the east but are still at 40" with an additional 12"+ coming over the next few days.  It will be interesting to have a place where the baseline is just so much higher than central Maryland.

Also, I'm going to have to totally learn the local climatology and patterns.  Reading the AFD was like reading greek.  

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BTV&issuedby=BTV&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

Had to put on my thinking cap from Met classes years ago to visualize the synoptic setup that leads to snow to the pretty distant west of a bombing, then vertically stacking low.  Gotta love a 500mb digging trough with a strengthening low level jet...

Congrats on the new house!  Should be nice to be in an area with a more predictable pipeline of snow.

MDstorm

34 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

At some point, the epidemic is going to burn itself out. I'm pretty much reaping weenie souls nonstop at this point. 

I hope SNE gets another blizzard while we're 42 and windy.

And then it happens again. But this time, New York City gets in on the blizzard action.

5 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks

!! 

How are you? I feel like I haven't seen you post in a while. How's life treating you and the family? :) 

I am doing pretty good, thanks for asking. I have been picking up a lot of sub jobs at my daughter's school and by the time I get home and get dinner done I am spent for the day. Sorry to hear that you were laid off. That is never a good place to be. I am sure that you will find something soon though. :)

I guess we will enjoy our wind Monday. Its gonna be boring around here. Dont really feel like cheering for other regions snow storms. Maybe we get lucky and fluke into something. Either way is fine. We, in this sub-forum, are well aware of our climatology and can easily deal with a relatively snowless season. Have a great weekend everyone. Wxwatcher, keep your head up. Something will come around the bend soon enough. Don't give up and leave town. You will find something. Just hang in there.

2 hours ago, das said:

Congratulations.  Vermont is one of my favorite places.  And Lake Champlain is beautiful.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived