Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Euro starting the bus that'll take us to the slaughterhouse one last time to finish off the most resilient. Lol

Nah. Just stuff a (dancing) banana in the tailpipe and lock the windows from the outside. No reason to waste time getting to the slaughterhouse.

59 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Euro starting the bus that'll take us to the slaughterhouse one last time to finish off the most resilient. Lol

Nah, I'll be interested until April 7th. In the meantime, there are enough youtube vids and articles written about our best snowstorms to keep me in the snow mood. Also, the vids from New England yesterday are pretty incredible. Thundersnow! 

15 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Nah, I'll be interested until April 7th. In the meantime, there are enough youtube vids and articles written about our best snowstorms to keep me in the snow mood. Also, the vids from New England yesterday are pretty incredible. Thundersnow! 

You're a better person than I. I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch them get pounded. I mean...congrats to them and all, but no way am I putting myself through that.

29 minutes ago, mattie g said:

You're a better person than I. I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch them get pounded. I mean...congrats to them and all, but no way am I putting myself through that.

No other reason than I've lived there before and therefore spent years actively rooting for snow while I was there....

Thinking about getting a new computer/tablet within the next few weeks. My laptop now was great to me last 5 years as it got me through school and where I am now. Unfortunately, it's starting to cause way more problems than it's worth, so I'm thinking an upgrade. If anyone has any advice to offer on what would be a suitable replacement, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm intrigued by the Windows Surface Pro for its durability and ease to transport, but I'll look at any options for a good laptop/tablet. 

9 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Hey Mattie- I am about to crack open a DFH WW Stout. I will be sipping on that for an hour or so.

Actually, I'm going to dig into a growler of Aslin Apricot Gose. Should be able to polish off the 32 oz with no problem since it's only 4.5%. Question then becomes what to drink after that...

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Actually, I'm going to dig into a growler of Aslin Apricot Gose. Should be able to polish off the 32 oz with no problem since it's only 4.5%. Question then becomes what to drink after that...

Maybe a Backwoods Bastard!

I have only seen the Dirty Bastard. How does that one compare?

20 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Hey Mattie- I am about to crack open a DFH WW Stout. I will be sipping on that for an hour or so.

I just got home from Heavy Seas release of their collaboration with Union. It's a good beer, but I liked the cask at the brewery much more than the tap. 

https://mashing-in.com/2017/01/09/heavy-seas-beer-and-union-craft-brewing-collaborate-on-the-partner-ships-olde-ale/

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I just got home from Heavy Seas release of their collaboration with Union. It's a good beer, but I liked the cask at the brewery much more than the tap. 

https://mashing-in.com/2017/01/09/heavy-seas-beer-and-union-craft-brewing-collaborate-on-the-partner-ships-olde-ale/

I often dont know what to think about Heavy Seas offerings. Some are quite decent, and others sort of miss the mark with me. Never totally loved anything from them. I have a couple Peg Leg Imperial Stouts in the fridge. I actually quite enjoy that one, but then I like my stouts a bit over the top with the barley.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I often dont know what to think about Heavy Seas offerings. Some are quite decent, and others sort of miss the mark with me. Never totally loved anything from them. I have a couple Peg Leg Imperial Stouts in the fridge. I actually quite enjoy that one, but then I like my stouts a bit over the top with the barley.

I agree with you. I'm glad that they're brewing and doing well, but I'm not over the moon with anything of theirs either. The Loose Cannon is dependable and good, but all of their beers are pretty middle of the road. Except the Greater Pumpkin. Man, I love that stuff.

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I agree with you. I'm glad that they're brewing and doing well, but I'm not over the moon with anything of theirs either. The Loose Cannon is dependable and good, but all of their beers are pretty middle of the road. Except the Greater Pumpkin. Man, I love that stuff.

I love to sample the different pumpkin ales. That one is pretty good, maybe a bit too forward with the bourbon for my liking. Enjoyed it nonetheless. As far as Pumpkin ales go, I love Flying Dog's "The Fear" Imperial ale. Probably my number one. Super good on tap. My second fav is from RAR in Cambridge, The Big Lizz. Don't think they ever bottle it though, so you have to find it on tap. Its actually brewed with locally grown butternut squash! If you have not tried it, its a must.

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Maybe a Backwoods Bastard!

I have only seen the Dirty Bastard. How does that one compare?

I'd love to but I have them sitting in the basement for next fall!

Very different beers. A lot of folks assume that BB is a barreled version of DB, but they're supposedly different grain and hop bills. But basically BB is a bigger, richer, thicker, barreled and bourbon-y Scotch ale. DB is lighter (if still with a kick) with more prevalent caramel notes.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived