Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

24 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

For anyone who watches Vikings (all GoT lovers would love this show), this winter is turning into a Blood Eagle. 

when they did that to the Jarl Borg a couple seasons ago, my jaw was on the floor. Didn't have the same impact when Aella got it though. But am glad they stayed somewhat true to the tale of Ragnar. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dorks. All of you.

Precip bust (lack of) is what is really striking.  Rain total was .15 in Center PW County, when many most or all models were flirting with the one inch line. Was never too concerned about getting any snow here. The snow 'moved' about 75 miles north the last 24 hrs. 

10 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Dorks. All of you.

Precip bust (lack of) is what is really striking.  Rain total was .15 in Center PW County, when many most or all models were flirting with the one inch line. Was never too concerned about getting any snow here. The snow 'moved' about 75 miles north the last 24 hrs. 

says the guy posting in a banter thread on a weather forum. 

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

Hey, I did the weatherbell free 7 day trial for fun.  Do you have to cancel your account on day 7 to avoid being automatically charged or do they send you some type of notification that your free time is up?

Not sure. But if you remember the day you signed up, you can add 6 more days and then set your phone alarm to notify you that you need to cancel.

3 minutes ago, Mercurial said:

lol, schools in Carroll County are closed.  Why do schools there close so easily?  They get a similar amount of snow as Chicago or even parts of SNE so one would expect them to be hardier.  

Um, thanks for chiming in from Montana? 

Regarding your lol comment -- Carroll County probably had the best totals out of this disaster, many areas were below freezing, including the roads. Lots of hills to deal with as well. Not surprised they closed. 

46 minutes ago, Mercurial said:

lol, schools in Carroll County are closed.  Why do schools there close so easily?  They get a similar amount of snow as Chicago or even parts of SNE so one would expect them to be hardier.  

Probably because the resources they have for snow removal probably don't account for their microclimate, so they go along with the rest of central MD.

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I have my theories, but they'll probably only be proven in about 20 years when the children are grown and the testing is completed.

20 years seems so long. I don't know about you and your daughter, but K is annoying AF lately. Ever since she turned 4, she's become very defiant, argumentative and attempts to negotiate everything. driving me crazy. 

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

20 years seems so long. I don't know about you and your daughter, but K is annoying AF lately. Ever since she turned 4, she's become very defiant, argumentative and attempts to negotiate everything. driving me crazy. 

Just wait until they turn 13 (like my daughter did this past November)! :lol:  But seriously, I know what you're talking about.  They can still be so sweet at that age (of 4 or so), but at the same time just getting old enough to assert their own level of independence (and argumentativeness) to some extent!

16 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think you mixed up my daughter with yours.

:lol:

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived