Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Walking out of work this afternoon reminded me of the afternoon before the 93 Superstorm. I was walking back to my car from a day of classes at UMCP and I thought to myself that there was no way it was going to snow. I felt pretty relieved when I got in the car and turned on WTOP to find out it was still a go.

Good omen.

Speaking of 93 if anyone has a radar loop link for that I'd be interested.  I remember waking up at 3am and it was still kinda mixy then woke up again at like 7 and there was about 6" on the ground and dumping.  Very thumpy.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm back away from the ledge again. I'm home, I have beer, and I'm baking cookies. I'm going to relax for once. It has been a rough few months for me personally. (sorry to keep whining about it) 

Whine away, friend. We've all got issues.  Hugs.

32 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Speaking of 93 if anyone has a radar loop link for that I'd be interested.  I remember waking up at 3am and it was still kinda mixy then woke up again at like 7 and there was about 6" on the ground and dumping.  Very thumpy.  

If you go on YouTube you can find various videos of TWC coverage at certain times and they show the radar.  At the time I lived in southeast Baltimore county and I didn't mix until late morning. Where did you live during the storm? I'm curious because the mixing I had was after most of the snow fell. 

20 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm back away from the ledge again. I'm home, I have beer, and I'm baking cookies. I'm going to relax for once. It has been a rough few months for me personally. (sorry to keep whining about it) 

Cookies and beer make anything better.  Hang in there.  Hopefully Mother Nature throws you (and us) a bone tonight/tomorrow morning.

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I was just telling the GF--it doesn't make a ton of sense to you, but snow would go a long way to making me feel happier. I mean I hope y'all get it being weenies and all, but to just get a win...even when you have no contribution at all has an impact on the psyche when so many other things are going wrong. 

I hear you man. Hoping you get a little something. 

You know how I know I'm not getting a thump? Because I just walked my dog in shorts and a t-shirt.  If I am comfortably walking my dog in workout clothes I'm not getting a thump of snow 8 hours later.  I don't care what any model says it's not dropping 25-30 degrees by 7am.  I'm gonna wake up at 5 am and eagerly check my phone and it'll probably be 46 degrees and raining. 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hand to God I thought of taking a personal day and heading up north to chase this. 

Also, thanks everyone for the kind words. 

Just a typical 60 degree early February evening in the torch capital of the east. 

Yeah I'm from the lower Hudson valley area of NY and my family house up there usually cleans up during these coastals cause they have a little elevation.  My dad gonna complain about using the snow blower! The nerve!

53 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

If you can't whine here where else can you. Plus your whining is no worse than some of the model play by play.

45 minutes ago, Ltrain said:

If you go on YouTube you can find various videos of TWC coverage at certain times and they show the radar.  At the time I lived in southeast Baltimore county and I didn't mix until late morning. Where did you live during the storm? I'm curious because the mixing I had was after most of the snow fell. 

•  

Might have been just a wet snow.  It was hard to tell but definitely at most a wet snow but think it was just starting.  I was in silver spring.  that's where I grew up.  I remember when it switched to sleet and I was literally able to walk on a foot of snow.  It was one helluva unique storm.

ive looked on YouTube before but haven't found any local radars for it from start to finish. That's what I'm aiming for.  If u have a link please send it this way.  

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's pretty comical in the obs thread. People are feeling good about temps in the 50s and dews in the 40's. 

With that being said...Im getting up at 5am so I don't miss a slim chance at an inch accumulating. 

Only 23 degrees to go!  You just gotta have #FITF man!

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's pretty comical in the obs thread. People are feeling good about temps in the 50s and dews in the 40's. 

With that being said...Im getting up at 5am so I don't miss a slim chance at an inch accumulating. 

Not to be negative but it does have that march 01 feel where you just gotta think it was just too dam warm out ahead of this thing.  Difference is models have improved since then.  It really is similar as far as pre storm warmth is concerned.

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

If has ever been this bad then I must have a bad memory.  I know someday it will snow again more than 1" but man sometimes it feels like it won't ever again.  

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

lol, i noticed the same thing...53!  I made my target!!!!   It's funny, but sad at the same time.   It is what it is for us.  Bites that everyone else on the east coast is going to have fun while we watch on the outside.

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

lol, i noticed the same thing...53!  I made my target!!!!   It's funny, but sad at the same time.   It is what it is for us.  Bites that everyone else on the east coast is going to have fun while we watch on the outside.

Lol. Yea, being just outside of the line when the NE gets pummeled is something all too common and always annoying. 

I'm glad I wrote this off yesterday. I have cared much about today's models. This was an obvious fail in my yard. 

No biggie. The 18z gefs looked like feb/Mar 2014&15. It's coming man. Just be patient. 

15 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Lol. Yea, being just outside of the line when the NE gets pummeled is something all too common and always annoying. 

I'm glad I wrote this off yesterday. I have cared much about today's models. This was an obvious fail in my yard. 

No biggie. The 18z gefs looked like feb/Mar 2014&15. It's coming man. Just be patient. 

I'm going to be sleeping like a baby until my normal time.  It's going to be after the super thump (tm).  This is how exciting i expect it to be.

I'm patient, but also zen af about all this.  Winter is already done to me.  

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived