Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

Those of us around DC know fully what is going to happen tonight, but we can't help but watch the models and hope that the 15:1 ratios at 40F play out.

Good luck to us all. We can do it!

In the 70s now.  I'm just hoping to get some thunder with that rain tonight.  I feel sorry for those poor folks who have set their expectations too high.  Keep that hernia picture, at least until we get through next week, lol. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, H2O said:

I would be so happy to get a couple minutes of bursty nutty snow tomorrow.  i like to keep my expectations low.

..... so does your wife..... uggghhhh... i hate that you made me reply this way but it was too easy. 

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Heh. He has my house in the zero. Mark refuses to let me have snow.

Ill send you some of mine. 

28 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We love you. It's just funny.

Hell no. Not until we're getting snow.

Thx. All good here. Just didn't want my name wrapped into momma stuff.  Sounded like a hot button. I've got broad shoulders n a Firmly packed midsection. I can take it. I have fun but respectfully.  

Keep up the good work. Good luck down there. It's a nail biter. Hope the good rates help you out. 

Nut....and proud of it. ;)

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I don't know how much time I've got left, but if this storm is what kills my winter weenie, I'm going out in a blaze of glory/embarrassment.

can you do it in banter so i don't have to moderate your posts. I like you. 

23 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

how long before that guy from PA comes in to tell us how great the "interior" is going to do in this one jsut to rub our faces in it?

Im not THAT guy.....

But I am down to 62 (from 63) here in Lancaster.

Jealous arent you...lol  

This is just cray cray sh!t!

Nut

14 minutes ago, kurtstack said:

In the 70s now.  I'm just hoping to get some thunder with that rain tonight.  I feel sorry for those poor folks who have set their expectations too high.  Keep that hernia picture, at least until we get through next week, lol. 

This is exactly how I feel. Warmth to start, rain changing to snow, at the southern edge of the snow zone...it all means nothing but heartbreak unless you prepare yourself for it.

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

This is exactly how I feel. Warmth to start, rain changing to snow, at the southern edge of the snow zone...it all means nothing but heartbreak unless you prepare yourself for it.

Same.  I'm not trying to be a downer or anything, but for the past couple of days I've been kind of "meh" on this whole event for the immediate DC/suburbs area.  Models have gone back and forth, but have been depicting the same general story despite occasional "hints" that it could be better on the southern edge.  I fully expect mostly rain and some wet snow at the end.  My bar is at an inch of slush on the grass.  Though to be sure, if we get into some of the heavy stuff for a time, it may look cool for awhile!  Now for those farther north and to the west, it's a different ballgame of course.

23 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Let's hope self immolation and/or cliff jumping doesn't happen ;) 

But God help me if this fails and that thread turns into talk about ANOTHER 8-10 day threat imma get myself banned.

I folded on tonight a day or two ago, but I've got all my chips in the 9-day basket. If I bust on that, then I'm rooting for blazing sunshine through April.

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I have been mentally "out" from the start. I still track it because its fun, and I am rooting for those who have a chance and have seen little snow so far. I understand why people are emotionally invested in a storm with a high probability to fail, given how things have gone this winter for DC-Balt area. I would think everyone is prepared if it doesn't work out. The activity in the Panic room will be a good indicator lol.

3 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Same.  I'm not trying to be a downer or anything, but for the past couple of days I've been kind of "meh" on this whole event for the immediate DC/suburbs area.  Models have gone back and forth, but have been depicting the same general story despite occasional "hints" that it could be better on the southern edge.  I fully expect mostly rain and some wet snow at the end.  My bar is at an inch of slush on the grass.  Though to be sure, if we get into some of the heavy stuff for a time, it may look cool for awhile!  Now for those farther north and to the west, it's a different ballgame of course.

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It's hard to be bullish on anything but misery this winter.

Bang on the money.

I usually do quite well in comparison to DCA - I'm often closer to Dulles totals than those from in the city. Being a little west and at a few hundred feet certainly helps, but this one screams north. If the cold were even somewhat close by coming into it, or if we weren't looking at record-smashing warmth today, then I might feel very differently. But we're chasing cold, which just isn't going to work for us who are along the southern edge for this one.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I have been mentally "out" from the start. I still track it because its fun, and I am rooting for those who have a chance and have seen little snow so far. I understand why people are emotionally invested in a storm with a high probability to fail, given how things have gone this winter for DC-Balt area. I would think everyone is prepared if it doesn't work out. The activity in the Panic room will be a good indicator lol.

You're a better person than I am. If I fail, I want everyone to fail. :devilsmiley:

I'll probably stay out of the obs thread until after everything is said and done. All I ask is for bannings for those outside our forum who post obs and pictures of their snow. F them.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived