Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Wizards game was bad ass. We were the first people in the suite and it felt a little bit like trespassing. lol. I opened the fridge and there was a case and a half of various beers, a pile of sodas and waters,  and a half dozen bottles of wine on the counter next to it. I had no idea if we were allowed to drink any so I talked to the suite attendant in the hall. He said everything that is stocked is prepaid. I was in a little bit of shock. It was too weird. 

About 15 people showed up for the suite in various small groups. Everyone was super nice and thought we were in charge because we were there first. LOL. Asking if they could have wine and beer and stuff. And I was like "Yes Ma'am, it has all been paid for and complementary." and poured a round for everyone. I did get asked what location I worked at for the company that owned the suite. I said my neighbor's father in law was some sort of higher up but didn't know his name or what location. I just got the tickets last minute from my neighbor. Nobody gave a crap. Perfect white lie. 

I've gone to a lot of sporting events through the years but this one takes the cake. The free drinks saved me more than the cost of the tickets. A night to remember for sure. And I texted the guy who sold me the tickets to call me anytime he needs to unload them. I'm not sure I want to sit in "regular seats" again. lolol

That's about as good as it gets!!  Oh BTW I know you are waiting for something to track inside 7 days, but the PNA rising, AO is crashing, NAO isn't far behind, MJO moving into favorable territory and the ensembles are supportive of a thread the needle follow-up wave along the front in the 6-8 day range.  We may be able to pull a late save on February to add to your good wizards mojo! 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Wizards game was bad ass. We were the first people in the suite and it felt a little bit like trespassing. lol. I opened the fridge and there was a case and a half of various beers, a pile of sodas and waters,  and a half dozen bottles of wine on the counter next to it. I had no idea if we were allowed to drink any so I talked to the suite attendant in the hall. He said everything that is stocked is prepaid. I was in a little bit of shock. It was too weird. 

About 15 people showed up for the suite in various small groups. Everyone was super nice and thought we were in charge because we were there first. LOL. Asking if they could have wine and beer and stuff. And I was like "Yes Ma'am, it has all been paid for and complementary." and poured a round for everyone. I did get asked what location I worked at for the company that owned the suite. I said my neighbor's father in law was some sort of higher up but didn't know his name or what location. I just got the tickets last minute from my neighbor. Nobody gave a crap. Perfect white lie. 

I've gone to a lot of sporting events through the years but this one takes the cake. The free drinks saved me more than the cost of the tickets. A night to remember for sure. And I texted the guy who sold me the tickets to call me anytime he needs to unload them. I'm not sure I want to sit in "regular seats" again. lolol

Did you ask any of them if they knew what the latest gfs showed before you realized that you weren't talking to your fellow MA nerds?

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Glad to hear you had a great time. Great game and we actually look the best we have looked in the regular season in ages. Second best record in the NBA since Jan 1st after the Warriors. Pretty impressive.

9 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Glad to hear you had a great time. Great game and we actually look the best we have looked in the regular season in ages. Second best record in the NBA since Jan 1st after the Warriors. Pretty impressive.

Big fan of the #SuiteLife

I'll be in a verizon center suite tonight for Caps vs. Bruins, and again Feb11th.   Its addicting once you get the first free taste.

Anyone know how to delete stored attachments in bulk? I haven't been able to post from my PC for weeks because I'm way over the limit. The board upgrade took away deleting pages of attachments at a time. I have to do them individually unless I'm missing something. I'm not wasting hours clicking delete one at a time. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Anyone know how to delete stored attachments in bulk? I haven't been able to post from my PC for weeks because I'm way over the limit. The board upgrade took away deleting pages of attachments at a time. I have to do them individually unless I'm missing something. I'm not wasting hours clicking delete one at a time. 

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Seriously, Mitch and I should start a futility chase thread. We are working on a special kind of awful snowfall winter up here for BWI/Balt area. I know DCA can't beat '72/'73 at this point, but maybe in running for top 3 worst still?

3rd right now is 2.0" in 2011-12.  DCA is sitting at 1.4".

Interesting point on the top 8 right now - they are all paired up within 5 years of each other.  1926/27 & 1930/31, 1972/73 & 1975/76, 1997/98 & 2001/02, 2011/12 & 2016/17(?)

That said, there isn't much meteorologically distinct between a 3" season and a 5" season, but it was just something that stood out.

4 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Interesting point on the top 8 right now - they are all paired up within 5 years of each other.  1926/27 & 1930/31, 1972/73 & 1975/76, 1997/98 & 2001/02, 2011/12 & 2016/17(?)

That said, there isn't much meteorologically distinct between a 3" season and a 5" season, but it was just something that stood out.

If you define a "dud" winter as less than half of the current average snowfall (so, 7.7" or less at DCA), then most decades have at least a couple of duds. 

1920s: 3

1930s: 3

1940s: 3

1950s: 2

1960s: 0 (!)

1970s: 2

1980s: 2

1990s: 3

2000s: 4

2010s: 1 so far

However, if we define a true "debacle" year as 4" or less, then only the 1970s have more than one on that list and several times we've gone nearly two decades between those kind of winters (1930/31 to 1949/50, 1949/50 to 1972/73, 1975/76 to 1997/98).

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

as far as i know, no. you have to do it one at a time. i asked a while back bc i hit my limit too and spent too much time deleting over and over again. 

53 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Thanks MN Transplant, that's interesting context.

Here's the relevant futility lists for each airport for potential reference:

http://www.weather.gov/lwx/winter_storm-pr#SeasonalSnowfall

BWI:

.7 - '49/'50

1.2 - '72/'73

1.8 - 2011/12

2.3 - 2001/02

3.2 - '97/'98

DCA

.1 - '97/'98

.1 - '72/'73

2.0 - 2011/12

2.2 - '75/'76

2.5 - '30/'31

Dulles:

2.2 - '72/'73

2.6 - 2001/02

3.7 - 2011/12

4.4 - '97/'98

5.9 - Not sure - glitch on chart I am looking at

Where are we currently at each airport?

I think BWI is still at .7. DCA at 1.4? Dulles?

This is on the table for sure.

6 hours ago, mappy said:

ive already given my two cents on worthless posts yesterday. 

As if you and balti never post meaningless crap?  My post was a joke and I didn't even read isotherm's post prior to that.  Aside from psu, chill, deck pic, etc, I think everyone is pretty guilty of posting nonsense.  Case in point..."bob for president"...granted, he should be on this board bc he's one of the quality ones but just sayin'.  I've see you complain about posters over the years on multiple occasions, but yet you're just as guilty.  Some of you all need to stop acting so tightly wrapped.  It's a dam weather board.  If you're stressed out over what someone posts maybe it's time to take a break.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived