Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My perspective is the only difference between this year and 97-98, 01-02, 11-12 etc is that the NWP models have finally gotten good enough that we know well in advance the pattern has little if any chance to produce anything worthwhile.  In those prior bad seasons, there were plenty of teases, the cold was always 10 days away, etc.  This year really has been consistently bad, biased mild almost continuously since the 5th of July when Summer finally showed up and never looked back.  Only change is it's been cloudy and damp for most of met winter.  You would have actually seen a lot more traffic and a lot more whining those years, as people would track things for days only to have it fall apart after starting to take it seriously.

At this point, the only thing that might surprise me is if we didn't see a prolonged period of cold and wet set in by at least the end of March.  The sooner we can get that over with, the better.  Would be the surest sign that Spring is actually on it's way.

I found a great last minute deal on Wizards tix for the celtic's game but passed them up because I figured they would lose after being on the road the night before. I found a great deal on 4 tickets this morning for tonight's Knicks game in what I thought was section 210 so I bought them right away. Just met the guy today to pick them up and it wasn't section 210...it's SUITE 210. Boom. Private suite, private bathroom, leather theater seats, and 4 tix for $100. His company gave them to him and something came up so he can't take his family tonight. Was just looking to quickly unload them before they went to waste. 

I am one happy mofo right now. Screw weather. My young twins first NBA game will be in a fookin suite. How suite is that?

lol- I wish I had the whole suite. We could do 24 wx weenies pounding beers with weather models on the flat screen and wizards stomping the knicks in the front yard. 

I go a couple times a year. You can find sick deals with last minute sellers on Craigs. I've never paid more than $40/ticket for good seats. 4 years ago I got 4 court side behind the visitors bench (Pistons) for $300 on a last minute fire sale 2 hours before the game. It was pretty awesome. Chauncey Billups wasn't dressed but was on the bench. Had a great down to earth convo with him. Sat next to Phil Chenier in the club bar after the game and had a great convo with him too. It was a great night. 

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I found a great last minute deal on Wizards tix for the celtic's game but passed them up because I figured they would lose after being on the road the night before. I found a great deal on 4 tickets this morning for tonight's Knicks game in what I thought was section 210 so I bought them right away. Just met the guy today to pick them up and it wasn't section 210...it's SUITE 210. Boom. Private suite, private bathroom, leather theater seats, and 4 tix for $100. His company gave them to him and something came up so he can't take his family tonight. Was just looking to quickly unload them before they went to waste. 

I am one happy mofo right now. Screw weather. My young twins first NBA game will be in a fookin suite. How suite is that?

Suite move and suite job good sir... you do know that I am a big Wiz fan...

16 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Sweet that is awesome. Have a great time. The kids will be in heaven. I am a little jealous, screw the kids i'll offer you $200 :P

7 minutes ago, yoda said:

Suite move and suite job good sir... you do know that I am a big Wiz fan...

You and me both. This is the best all around team in many years. Better than the Arenas, Jamison, Butler years. Scott Brooks is exactly what this team needed. A scoring machine for sure this year. 

1 minute ago, ravensrule said:

Sweet that is awesome. Have a great time. The kids will be in heaven. I am a little jealous, screw the kids i'll offer you $200 :P

hah! You couldn't even get down to verizon by game time if you started driving right now. lol. I'm definitely spoiling my young kids. I got 4 dream seats for a pre-season skins game last year for next to nothing and then took them again against the Giants this year 10 rows back in the end zone. I haven't had a drink in months. I think tonight sounds like a perfect time to knock back a couple of cold beers. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

You and me both. This is the best all around team in many years. Better than the Arenas, Jamison, Butler years. Scott Brooks is exactly what this team needed. A scoring machine for sure this year. 

hah! You couldn't even get down to verizon by game time if you started driving right now. lol. I'm definitely spoiling my young kids. I got 4 dream seats for a pre-season skins game last year for next to nothing and then took them again against the Giants this year 10 rows back in the end zone. I haven't had a drink in months. I think tonight sounds like a perfect time to knock back a couple of cold beers. 

You deserve it. Have an amazing time. They better win or you are not allowed back in the phone booth.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived