Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31 st/Feb 1st Clipper Obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dusting here in downtown FIT, snowing very lightly.  N ORH misses the jack again, hoping for 4" at home but doubt it'l happen. 

8 minutes ago, wackymann said:

Just a very light dusting here in Lexington, MA.  When will this thing get going?  It seems to be a CT / Rhode Island / New Bedford storm so far.

That's because SE MA is the new snow jack capital of SNE. 

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

You can see the radar filling in and re-blossoming to the west of I91 in southern CT will have to watch this and see if its just a quick temporary thing or continues and expands. Snow has picked back up to steady now and increased in intensity

111RAD_KOKX_N0R_ANI.gif

The 18z NAM shared the love pretty far south with the inverted trough.

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

You can see the radar filling in and re-blossoming to the west of I91 in southern CT will have to watch this and see if its just a quick temporary thing or continues and expands. Snow has picked back up to steady now and increased in intensity

111RAD_KOKX_N0R_ANI.gif

It will likely continue to reblossom later on...even if it slows down again in the near term...then the blossoming will push north and probably slowly intensify later tonight. The 2nd shortwave forcing is still way out in western PA/OH/Lake Erie....you can actually see on the regional loop.

Jan31_412pmRadar.gif

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

March 1957,1958,1960 are 3 whopper but 58 was more D.C. centric.

I think you meant Mar '56 and not '57.

'58 was epic in interior SNE...coast had some pretty bad taint in one of the storms (there were 3 big ones) which made it a bit less of an elite month.

48 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You sure we can't say there won't be any big storms this winter? I mean, it's January 31st...pretty rare to get big storms in New England after about 2/10.

I sense sarcasm in your response, but I don't see anything of note on the latest run of the GFS. By the end of the run, that's February 16th. Snow stops accumulating at that point due to the sun angle. So why can't we write off winter?

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think you meant Mar '56 and not '57.

'58 was epic in interior SNE...coast had some pretty bad taint in one of the storms (there were 3 big ones) which made it a bit less of an elite month.

I thought I wrote 56 but iPhone typing doesn't always translate well.  

That 56 storm solidifiedy weenie status.

Archived