Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31/Feb 1 Clipper

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Considering the heaviest was supposed to be late afternoon into evening..everything is right on track.  could even argue this first stuff is bonus

don't look at the HRRR then...

Thinking i went too high with this one. 1-2 looks more likely for the state rather than 2-4 at this point.

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

don't look at the HRRR then...

Thinking i went too high with this one. 1-2 looks more likely for the state rather than 2-4 at this point.

I never use that. That thing has been atrocious this winter. This first few hours was supposed to be light and as forcing/lift increases from about 3:00-8:00 is when heaviest snow was always supposed to arrive. Seeing calls of busts at 1:00 when it's doing exactly what NAM/RGEM had

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I never use that. That thing has been atrocious this winter. This first few hours was supposed to be light and as forcing/lift increases from about 3:00-8:00 is when heaviest snow was always supposed to arrive. Seeing calls of busts at 1:00 when it's doing exactly what NAM/RGEM had

Well i hope you're right, im not changing my fx.. well see in a few hours.

We were under a snow hole for a while there now it's filled back in and were back to accumulating light snow with decent sized flakes.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You do know the RGEM had 1-3" for the entire state, right?

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Well i hope you're right, im not changing my fx.. well see in a few hours.

We were under a snow hole for a while there now it's filled back in and were back to accumulating light snow with decent sized flakes.

2-4" seems the best forecast for this. 

The other thing to remember is it's a long duration deal. I think some people thought it was like a wall of snow or something falling over a short period. Just steady snow thru the night that accumulates

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Rippage there was really between about 1pm and 5pm...so it's the next 3-4 hours.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol.... pretty much.

taking one look at radar and this screams meh city....maybe someone who gets in the trough gets a few inches... other than that.... 1-2" for most.

Bring on spring 

Maybe Eastern MA pulls 3", But yeah, A general 1-2" is plausible.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol.... pretty much.

taking one look at radar and this screams meh city....maybe someone who gets in the trough gets a few inches... other than that.... 1-2" for most.

Bring on spring 

With crappy snow growth I got a quick 1/4 inch, now nice dendrites. I am glad early dismissals happened.  Roads are a complete skating rink across all interstates. As I often said it's not the big storms that cause the biggest road issues, it is 10 degrees mornings with a quick burst that is melted by tires but quickly refreezes due to road temps.  I wouldn't be surprised at 3 to 4 inch amounts from EMA to NCT to the Berks

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

With crappy snow growth I got a quick 1/4 inch, now nice dendrites. I am glad early dismissals happened.  Roads are a complete skating rink across all interstates. As I often said it's not the big storms that cause the biggest road issues, it is 10 degrees mornings with a quick burst that is melted by tires but quickly refreezes due to road temps.  I wouldn't be surprised at 3 to 4 inch amounts from EMA to NCT to the Berks

Yeah whether its 1-2 or 1-3 or 2-4 it doesnt really matter as far as delays, dismissals, etc. The roads were awful when i got out of work and there was maybe 1/4-1/2" down, everything was covered and accidents were popping up everywhere. 

Archived