joxey
Jan 31/Feb 1 Clipper

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Where have you been the past couple weeks? lol

I missed that full conversation.  But I can guess where it went....a woman gives feedback about how men can't seem to understand that when they equate being feminine with being weak, it is actually insulting and perpetuates a stupid and useless stereotype about women...and about men.  And then the men get all prickly for being called out (gently probably) and blame the woman for calling them out........and all of this proves what I said in the last post about who is and isn't the stronger gender.  ;)

13 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I missed that full conversation.  But I can guess where it went....a woman gives feedback about how men can't seem to understand that when they equate being feminine with being weak, it is actually insulting and perpetuates a stupid and useless stereotype about women...and about men.  And then the men get all prickly for being called out (gently probably) and blame the woman for calling them out........and all of this proves what I said in the last post about who is and isn't the stronger gender.  ;)

Ah, you did see that conversation after all. 

24 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

onset time for this event? I can't access any maps or tidbit stuff right now..and AFD didnt update yet for me...last run I saw was like early afternoon into Wed morning... just wondering if kids will have early dismissal or anything...thanks in advance.

Mid afternoon for your hood.  Maybe a bit sooner.   Early dismissals are very tricky, kids going home to empty houses, etc.

24 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

onset time for this event? I can't access any maps or tidbit stuff right now..and AFD didnt update yet for me...last run I saw was like early afternoon into Wed morning... just wondering if kids will have early dismissal or anything...thanks in advance.

Early D's very likely; onset time maybe in the 10:30 to 11:30 AM period, but best activity likely waits until after 1 PM, as it looks now; if that holds early D's will workout ok across your area; fear always is that it bodily moves in prior to noon; but trend has been to slow it down a bit; as always needs reassessment in morning...

33 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Mid afternoon for your hood.  Maybe a bit sooner.   Early dismissals are very tricky, kids going home to empty houses, etc.

Early D's are almost unheard of around here.  It would need to be pretty bad to even consider. 

Does look like it will be snowing steadily by afternoon but I can almost guarantee a full school day. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM looks really solid for E MA this run. It's got some fun stuff aloft going on to really prolong the snows...forcing the IVT to at least initially set up there. 

Yeah it gets some good lit going right through 850mb. Seems like that second s/w moving in helps focus the troug there.

10 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah I think we rip pretty good during the afternoon. 

The late afternoon commute could be surprisingly bad. If we get a couple hour period of some 1/2 to 1/4 SM type snows that line up around that time it would be pretty hellish...especially since the forecast isn't all that scary. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Early D's are almost unheard of around here.  It would need to be pretty bad to even consider. 

Does look like it will be snowing steadily by afternoon but I can almost guarantee a full school day. 

Our superintendent already sent out an email at 5:00 pm earlier this evening, informing all families to have contingent plans, because an early dismissal is a distinct possibility here!!

Wouldn't be Surprised if your district is contemplating the same. 

Archived