Weathernoob335
Model Mayhem IV!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Semper911 said:

That's the spirit. Thanks, man.

James' eternal optimism makes our forum a great place.  

him having lived through two legit 30 plus snow events probably goes a long way with his enthusiasm and optimism as a winter wx enthusiast, plus these weren't feb 2006 style they were nearly three feet each of man snow delivered on storm to hurricane force winds

I love his enthusiasm

Nice step toward the Euro....it does give ORH county and Berks some decent snow this run...but prob a bit too warm elsewhere for SNEers...maybe interior E MA gets a bit too.

But a nice step this run. Hopefully it gets going a bit quicker in future runs. Very nice run for NNE...esp Maine.

It's a step in the right direction, to answer winter wolf and tblizz's question. But it needs some work for a snow event. It's tougher for CT as them being further S and W hurt. Interior CT could get some mix from the first deal Sunday night. I think we want that ULL in the southwest to stay further west. This helps allow that beast of a s/w to dig. And obviously you want guidance to trend better with that s\W too.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's a step in the right direction, to answer winter wolf and tblizz's question. But it needs some work for a snow event. It's tougher for CT as them being further S and W hurt. Interior CT could get some mix from the first deal Sunday night. I think we want that ULL in the southwest to stay further west. This helps allow that beast of a s/w to dig. And obviously you want guidance to trend better with that s\W too.

Thank you for the clarifications Scott.  Now  "Let her DIG!!"

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Coastal SNE does get good backlash snows as the ULL deepens insanely...probably several inches.

I like it but we have some work to do. Seems probable that interior sees good snowfall. Coastal sections are still up in the air. 

Mid levels aren't exactly traditional for SNE heavy snow. Maybe we can get it to trend toward a better look.

Obviously we have the wraparound you mentioned but I have concerns about surface temps here. That low gets going on euro but a due east wind at the coast until it deepens. 

Archived