Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem IV!

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

It's hilarious ... 

The entire NE quadrant of the contiguous U.S. gets no snow EXCEPT New England its self. That map like cookie-cutter targets just the NE states for inundation - 

That's just winning the lottery really...

Winners, Win............:)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we get an actual definition of what a weather weenie is?  

Like, "any weather enthusiast that wantonly sans objectivity in lieu of the more fantastic specter imaginable when interpreting/analyzing Meteorological data " 

how's that - 

I really don't know... Seems by Will's 'go for the throat' gesture above, that definition above would be apt but - less than what the consensus may think.  Not sure. 

Of course...I'd almost prefer to somehow nest an insult in there to put across the message just how f annoying a lot of the crap is -

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Can we get an actual definition of what a weather weenie is?  

Like, "any weather enthusiast that wantonly sans objectivity in lieu of the more fantastic specter imaginable when interpreting/analyzing Meteorological data " 

how's that - 

I really don't know... Seems by Will's 'go for the throat' gesture above, that definition above would be apt but - less than what the consensus may think.  Not sure. 

Of course...I'd almost prefer to somehow nest an insult in there to put across the message just how f annoying a lot of the crap is -

We're all weenies if we want to be pretty honest...that's why we spend hours posting on weather forums.

But I think sometimes we use the term "weenie" to represent the worst caricature of an amateur weenie who lacks some of the more seasoned skill of a pro or skilled amateur....and we do it without specifying that is what we are doing....so it can admittedly cause confusion and passive-aggressive slights even if that isn't the intention.

Anyways....this system is so close to being pretty special. I'd like to see another tick south...because the modeling is so precarious. Not a lot of wiggle room before this tries to escape east or lift northeast.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Anyways....this system is so close to being pretty special. I'd like to see another tick south...because the modeling is so precarious. Not a lot of wiggle room before this tries to escape east or lift northeast.

Isn't though - man... 

I also postulated earlier in the day that Meteorologically this thing can easily perturb just a little and it would bring the goods back SW ...even down to NYC wouldn't be too far fetched.  That's close!  

So, ...here on this run ...we summarily see it inch back SW showing how little wiggle room that thing has. ...I'd say you're flirting with a short duration blizzard on the ECM for NE Massachusetts as it is ...certainly for PWM - woa

3 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

For both systems next week

That latter one is intriguing..

That's the one that is nestled more into the R-wave/teleconnector spread.  This one today ...and Monday, these are potent but they are also 'in-between' events that are of the non-mass-field corrective variety. 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

mayhem. outside looking in but damn, when it wants to pour snow it finds a way. 

I live nearby in westchester county ny. Would be tough to see that go by but atleast we have a shot at accumulating snow and not a total whiff. Hopefully can get this to trend a little more south on Monday morning 

Archived