Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Potential light snow 1/29 overnight to 1/30 thread

North Balti Zen

4 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The 09z HRRRx is aggressive also.  Nice band of > 0.50" qpf south of DC.

Yeah, little south is looking like the place to be. I still do remember fondly the one time we managed to jackpot vs. everyone else was a surprise clipper that marked the start of the season being saved... sound familiar? ;)

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Yeah, little south is looking like the place to be. I still do remember fondly the one time we managed to jackpot vs. everyone else was a surprise clipper that marked the start of the season being saved... sound familiar? ;)

Yes.  Agree.  Where the hell is Jeb.  Could use some of his analysis.  Maybe a PWC/FFX/ARL deathband...not common but very fun when done properly

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Cape and I were the first to talk about this with any seriousness yesterday morning while the rest of you were sleeping so it only seems fair that the band should set up through northern Baltimore and the central Delmarva. ;)

But I'd trade it for a band through HoCo to get a delay in the morning. :snowing:

It always sets up there.  This thing could end up in CHS and MD will still fill in blue on the radar.  and then psu jackpots

12 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Cape and I were the first to talk about this with any seriousness yesterday morning while the rest of you were sleeping so it only seems fair that the band should set up through northern Baltimore and the central Delmarva. ;)

But I'd trade it for a band through HoCo to get a delay in the morning. :snowing:

As long as I'm in on the action, I support this

Someone asked about the potential for thunder. It's a good question.  Below is a forecast sounding for ADW.  There is a hint of a unstable layer just below 700mb. I'd nenver have the cojones to mention the possibility in a forecast but it dows leave me interested as ADW is a little north of the NAM best snow stripe.

Hint_of.png

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Rgem definitely improved. Dca bullseye with .3+/- qpf and *potentially* 2-3". 2" for most of the 95 crew. Good run. 

I'm out of this one but I'm really really rooting you guys on. If for nothing else then to stop having to read the "told you so it's not gonna snow" posts after every bad op run.  But also because you deserve some snow. Especially you. Good luck tonight. 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm out of this one but I'm really really rooting you guys on. If for nothing else then to stop having to read the "told you so it's not gonna snow" posts after every bad op run.  But also because you deserve some snow. Especially you. Good luck tonight. 

I've been pretty much skipped over with everything.  Not that I've missed much. Lol. But my yard seems to be in the minimus vortex. If I end up middle of the road for whatever happens I'll be totally happy. 

The best part about mentally downgrading winter to a dud makes it really easy to not get worked up about anything. 1" would be YUUUGE. 

Snow tv setup.  Low 40s right now.  Not ideal but not terrible.  Definitely gonna waste some qpf but at least we may see something.  I want to work from home tomorrow so I'm rooting for this one.

edit: 37 degrees now.  Not a bad pre snow airmass but gonna need rates

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived