Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2017 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

9 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

And like that it started warming up big time in the city. Had we had sun earlier it would have hit 70. Im all about records, so bring it 

Its dropping now, looks like a sea breeze coming in. LGA dropped down to 60 last update, but Central Park did rise slightly at 65.  I'm still rising steadily in the BX, but that sea breeze will make it uptown soon enough

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, dWave said:

Its dropping now, looks like a sea breeze coming in. LGA dropped down to 60 last update, but Central Park did rise slightly at 65.  I'm still rising steadily in the BX, but that sea breeze will make it uptown soon enough

It keeps getting warmer and warmer on the UWS. Glad I'm not home in the bay right now

Extremely impressive warmth getting into Upstate NY and VT with all time record high temperatures for the month of February.

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT BURLINGTON VT...
A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 63 DEGREES WAS SET AT BURLINGTON
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD DAILY RECORD OF
56 DEGREES SET IN 1984. THIS ALSO BREAKS THE OLD MONTHLY RECORD
OF 62 DEGREES FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF FEBRUARY, SET IN 1981.
...RECORD DAILY AND MONTHLY MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT ALBANY NY...

A DAILY RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 69 DEGREES WAS SET AT ALBANY NY
TODAY. THIS BROKE THE OLD RECORD OF 62 SET IN 1984.

ALSO...A NEW MONTHLY MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE FOR FEBRUARY HAS BEEN SET
AT ALBANY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WITH 69 DEGREES REPORTED AT 255 PM.
THIS SURPASSED THE PREVIOUS RECORD HIGH FOR THE MONTH OF 68 DEGREES
SET ON FEBRUARY 22, 1997.

NOTE: DAILY RECORDS FOR ALBANY DATE BACK TO 1874.

Just finished a game of outdoor pick up B-ball at work.. shorts and a Tee. Sweating my A** off...maintained 70+ at my house from 1:30-430... sitting at 67 still... days like this make me hope winters over honestly.. wouldn't mind an Indian summer incoming 

edit: don't know records of my particular area, but NYC record high for today was 70... so I can only assume my 74 was a record up here

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

One of the earliest 100 degree days on record for the US.

With McAllen's airport reaching 101 degrees this afternoon, it has matched its all-time February record high temperature. #txwx#RGVwx #RGV

@AccuFrank That is correct, that was also the previous earliest 100 degree-day in a calendar year at KMFE.

Looks like Austin hit 90.

32 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

Looks like Austin hit 90.

Last year it made it up to around 85 a few times in Feb but it waited until well into March I think before we had a 90 degree day. Austin is hellishly hot from late April through most of October. Far enough west and inland to heat up over 100 for 20-30 days a year and close enough to the Gulf to keep the oppressive humidity. I LOL at my family and friends in FL who complain. We had a day in Aug last summer when the heat index went over 120. 

46 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Last year it made it up to around 85 a few times in Feb but it waited until well into March I think before we had a 90 degree day. Austin is hellishly hot from late April through most of October. Far enough west and inland to heat up over 100 for 20-30 days a year and close enough to the Gulf to keep the oppressive humidity. I LOL at my family and friends in FL who complain. We had a day in Aug last summer when the heat index went over 120. 

I'd hate it. would rather move to Maine.

10 hours ago, bluewave said:

One of the earliest 100 degree days on record for the US.

With McAllen's airport reaching 101 degrees this afternoon, it has matched its all-time February record high temperature. #txwx#RGVwx #RGV

@AccuFrank That is correct, that was also the previous earliest 100 degree-day in a calendar year at KMFE.

Yes!  We did it :)  I hope this is just a sign of things to come for the summer.

Next 8 days, including today, down to +8 to +9degs.  (48 vs. 39 ) and maybe a BN day thrown in.  Send in the Marines!  LOL.

CFS still AN for MAR.   EURO not as continous with the BN periods.  Seems to track a mostly negative PNA inversely.

13 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

2700 record high

3/6/01 was close..2-3 feet forecast 1-2 days out only to get a couple inches of slop.

Had 2-3 feet forecasted here with the January 15 blizzard as late as the morning of and didn't see a flake. I was still in the 12-18" range as the snow was falling further East and it was clear it wasn't coming any further West.

Archived