Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2017 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

1 minute ago, dWave said:

Its actually a little cooler than predicted this morning at 42, instead of closer to 50. Less cloud cover than expected must have done it. There is hardly a cloud in the sky this morning..definitely no fog here. May turn out to be wall to wall sunshine?

same here, sun shining pretty brightly.   Could be a big bust if it's wall to wall sun

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOAA is definitely going to bust on the low side for high temps again today. They busted really bad this past Sunday as well. Saturday night they had a forecast high of 50...ended up being 65. Seems like in these set ups they always do. Im sitting at 52 already in Rock Tavern (Orange)..Sun is out and not a cloud or fog in the sky 

On 2/20/2017 at 1:34 PM, donsutherland1 said:

We'll certainly have to watch for a bout of exceptional warmth. It wouldn't surprise me to see some extreme warmth either in late March or during April given how some past patterns e.g., 1976 evolved following the close of February.

PS I had a severe bout of allergies over the weekend and I could barely breathe.  This is the earliest I remember getting hit by seasonal allergies.

1 hour ago, NJwx85 said:

Heard a lot of talk about dense fog this morning in the area. No fog here. Nothing but crystal clear blue skies.

It was very dense on the Island when I left for work. I actually let out an audible 'wow' when I first looked out the window.  70s and sun inland and fog 40s/50s near the shore. Classic April weather :lol:

12 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

It was very dense on the Island when I left for work. I actually let out an audible 'wow' when I first looked out the window.  70s and sun inland and fog 40s/50s near the shore. Classic April weather :lol:

You can see how it's warmer to the north and to the south but cool and cloudy in between. I'm 51 now

temperature720.png

ma-temperature720.png

3 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

Heard a lot of talk about dense fog this morning in the area. No fog here. Nothing but crystal clear blue skies.

That's weird, had a lot here.  For awhile it looked like one of those hot July mornings with the sun and haze.  It was gone soon after though.

12 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Well Neg NAO... like I said... point and clicks are trash... 12:20pm and I'm sitting at 66.9F.... 6.9F above my NWS forecasted high and I've got 2 more hours to climb... another warm bust for noaa

I'm guessing they anticipated the cloud deck to be more expansive-instead it's a small area.  "Only" 53 here as we're under it.  It does look like it's pushing S and E so we may get into sun in a bit here

Nothing has changed from my point of view. As expected, model data transitioning in accordance with global forcing mechanisms tropospherically and stratospherically. At least one more snow event is on the table for the first half of March as the first real neg NAO of the season initiates in several days.

Archived