Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2017 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to stop by here to post this: Chicago O'Hare is up to 68 degrees as of 1pm CST. Yesterday reached 67 degrees. Both daily record highs have been shattered. According to the Great Lakes/Ohio Valley moderator Hoosier, Chicago had not had back to back 65°+ days in February until today.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Just wanted to stop by here to post this: Chicago O'Hare is up to 68 degrees as of 1pm CST. Yesterday reached 67 degrees. Both daily record highs have been shattered. According to the Great Lakes/Ohio Valley moderator Hoosier, Chicago had not had back to back 65°+ days in February until today.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Impressive

65 now at Newark. This is the 3rd 65 or higher reading since Jan 1st....1/12...67...2/8...65....2/18...65 so far

Officially in 3rd place for the most 65 or greater days in Jan-Feb with the potential for more coming up.

21 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

61 for us. Another over performing torch.

Since last year's super El Niño really got going in late summer/early fall, warmth has been winning and overperforming literally every single month since. It's just staggering. It's becoming obvious that it altered the global circulation pattern (Hadley cells, etc.) in a very big way since...

Since last year's super El Niño really got going in late summer/early fall, warmth has been winning and overperforming literally every single month since. It's just staggering. It's becoming obvious that it altered the global circulation pattern (Hadley cells, etc.) in a very big way since...

It depends on a plethora of things (the affect on the circulations). There are still studies observing how the 2011 Japanese quake affected the atmosphere, etc. The question, in my mind, has always been what the feedback cycles are that exactly affect the atmosphere and do these feedback cycles always even out once they hit a tipping point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

It depends on a plethora of things (the affect on the circulations). There are still studies observing how the 2011 Japanese quake affected the atmosphere, etc. The question, in my mind, has always been what the feedback cycles are that exactly affect the atmosphere and do these feedback cycles always even out once they hit a tipping point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Agreed. In my opinion, the super Niño triggered a positive feedback loop for warmth, it just keeps defaulting right back to the warm background state over and over again for more than a year now

9 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Big patches of open ground starting to open up on my south-facing sloped acreage, which means I'll probably be limited to piles within the next couple days. Gotta love 1.5-week winters.

Yeah, 7" at the stake but I can see grass again in part of my yard after today 

Archived