Newest Member
    joxey
February Model Discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

NAM now has a good snowfall for southern Jersey Monday morning. 3 to 4 inches. Just need a little bump north. 

the seasonal pattern favors systems  trending  north and stronger - Jan 7 and 14 did so

16 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Euro was 3-5" for most Feb 6 storm, Eastern LI gets 6-7

well north of yesterday's and last nights run

the JMA which did very well in the longer range with the Jan 7th event agrees with the GFS, CMC and Euro - kind of strange they all are on the same page this far out .........

P1_GZ_D5_PN_204_0000.gif

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

NAM now has a good snowfall for southern Jersey Monday morning. 3 to 4 inches. Just need a little bump north. 

The NAM is on its own there so far.  The RGEM wasn't that close.   That event could definitely end up far enough NW for southeast New Jersey but unlikely it gets up here 

1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

And euro looks absolutely nothing like previous runs or other guidance.... weak... sheared...OTS

At this time everything is a convoluted mess. Too many vorts on the map thus the confusion. I'm not buying the weak OTS solution. There will be a Superbowl storm in my opinion. If it cuts or not is a different matter.

35 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

At this time everything is a convoluted mess. Too many vorts on the map thus the confusion. I'm not buying the weak OTS solution. There will be a Superbowl storm in my opinion. If it cuts or not is a different matter.

Personally, I don't see the cutter solution, either a coastal with track uncertainty, or the waves don't time properly and it sheers OTS off NC coastline 

5 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Personally, I don't see the cutter solution, either a coastal with track uncertainty, or the waves don't time properly and it sheers OTS off NC coastline 

There is a weakness showing up on guidance over the GL. If this feature holds our slp will take the usual path of least resistance and track towards Pitt. Note that the GL blocking that was keeping this suppressed is just about gone now on the models. A cutter with a late transfer is a very good possibiliy and if you believe in seasonal trends, a more likely outcome.

28 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

There is a weakness showing up on guidance over the GL. If this feature holds our slp will take the usual path of least resistance and track towards Pitt. Note that the GL blocking that was keeping this suppressed is just about gone now on the models. A cutter with a late transfer is a very good possibiliy and if you believe in seasonal trends, a more likely outcome.

As the GFS shows... this piece of energy in the Midwest northern plains, is our storms "steering", as long as this piece of energy is held back, this wave will steer our LP east, and then We hope for phase timing...246tezr.jpg

in contrast however the "outlier" as of now is the GGEM, which isn't even all that much of a cutter, the energy from the "steering" piece is much further north in Canada, allowing the LP to slip northEast a bit further through PA, but good timing and phasing allows for coastal redevelopment, and the interior snows, and coast snows to rain.... I do not see this piece of energy being this far north or even further north than this for that matter....I believe we have a shot at snow to rain, but a true lakes or western NY cutter no.

GGEMehyk4y.jpg

Now I believe the euro is completely out to lunch... the "steering" energy is so overamped compared to other guidance, it robs and sheers, and pushes our LP off shore, while the Canadian wave strengthens.... don't see it happening 2r3uo83.jpg

im currently leaning towards a blend of the GFS/GGEM.... and will wait for NAM.... I think snow to rain is a good possibility, but all snow is on the table for sure, I doubt inland runner

Archived