Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Model Discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Position's about a half-degree outside the BM at 126. Nonetheless, most of the precip is offshore. Really only NH and coastal ME get a hit worth discussing.

Tis all model noise at this point though.  Don't focus too much on run-to-run variances.  Instead, look at the overall 500mb pattern and the indicies and it becomes obvious that there is a significant threat here.  A sure thing? Of course not! But probably this season's best HECS threat.

1 hour ago, Eduardo said:

Tis all model noise at this point though.  Don't focus too much on run-to-run variances.  Instead, look at the overall 500mb pattern and the indicies and it becomes obvious that there is a significant threat here.  A sure thing? Of course not! But probably this season's best HECS threat.

HECS ? Jury is still out on this one - the key to this system is if there is going to be enough room in the atmosphere after Mondays storm passes for the players to phase properly and the southern energy needs to get in front of the northern energy somewhat - Euro model is still favored over the others because the model is superior to the GFS in regards to physics and its handling of all the players on the field -BUT doesn't mean it will be the correct solution all the time - its a waiting game right now and we will not have a clearer picture of what will transpire until the Monday runs of all models and even then some doubts might remain

24 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

HECS ? Jury is still out on this one - the key to this system is if there is going to be enough room in the atmosphere after Mondays storm passes for the players to phase properly and the southern energy needs to get in front of the northern energy somewhat - Euro model is still favored over the others because the model is superior to the GFS in regards to physics and its handling of all the players on the field -BUT doesn't mean it will be the correct solution all the time - its a waiting game right now and we will not have a clearer picture of what will transpire until the Monday runs of all models and even then some doubts might remain

Agreed- the Monday system has to get out of the way first before we can look beyond that for specifics.

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

It might be marginal, but a good track with a bombing low should be good enough for snow. 

To me, this seems like the GFS traditional progressive bias coming into play. I would like to see the Euro continue to hold on to this storm. Events in set ups such as these are normally well modeled 4+ days in advance, with the exception of the Boxing Day blizzard.

6 minutes ago, mimillman said:

To me, this seems like the GFS traditional progressive bias coming into play. I would like to see the Euro continue to hold on to this storm. Events in set ups such as these are normally well modeled 4+ days in advance, with the exception of the Boxing Day blizzard.

There will be the usual caveats with this one. Hopefully the phase happens when we need, if it happens too late, no dice. If the pieces come together this can be a monster.

Archived