Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Medium/Long Range Discussion Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

EPS is a total and complete fail in every way. There is absolutely nothing good to say about it.  After it made progress last night it just went completely to a crap no chance pattern straight through to day 15. 

I don't think it looks horrific days 11-15. I have seen worse.  Zoom out. Looking for detail in the means has not worked out anyway. There is a mean ridge out west and trough in the east. Decent amount of spread among the members wrt temperature anomaly. I have stepped back for the past few days mostly because I am teaching a class and dont have the time. Its a good thing. Refreshing.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I don't think it looks horrific days 11-15. I have seen worse.  Zoom out. Looking for detail in the means has not worked out anyway. There is a mean ridge out west and trough in the east. Decent amount of spread among the members wrt temperature anomaly. I have stepped back for the past few days mostly because I am teaching a class and dont have the time. Its a good thing. Refreshing.

Some members get cold behind a cutter. There is no snow near us. No signal for a threat. I thought it was pretty awful. It's flooding conus with PAC air and not nearly enough trough to offset that. I'd rather just tell myself it's a hiccup and toss it. Gefs was a decent look. Ride that. Lol

11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

She's already knows she's 100% safe from us weather weirdos. This aint no jan 2016. 

50 bucks says someone hacks into this gfs run so it shows a snowstorm on d8-d9. Next run will show nothing. 

On a side note, it's a shame the d4-5 storm cuts. Congrats MN.

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It can get a good bit worse. It still had 1.5" to shed over the next couple runs. 

Oh they will. Did you see where that 1.5 mean comes from?  Basically 6 fluke members with a 4-8" hit. The rest show absolutely nothing.  If the EPS is correct those flukes will disappear soon and we will be back to rock bottom. I'm telling myself the EPS just had a crap run and that's all. 

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Oh they will. Did you see where that 1.5 mean comes from?  Basically 6 fluke members with a 4-8" hit. The rest show absolutely nothing.  If the EPS is correct those flukes will disappear soon and we will be back to rock bottom. I'm telling myself the EPS just had a crap run and that's all. 

I'm wondering if a run not only shows a 15 day mean 0" but also shows the top 1.5" of topsoil scraped from our yards. 

6 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Bob wasn't exaggerating.. the EPS is a sh*t show. The mean snowfall is 1-1.5"

Looking at mean snowfall has been utterly useless. We know its not snowing in the next 10 days. How many times has it looked "good" days 10-15 and yielded zero snow? 

Mean snowfall is really only useful when there is at least decent consensus among the members on a specific threat, usually at 7 days and in.

11 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Some members get cold behind a cutter. There is no snow near us. No signal for a threat. I thought it was pretty awful. It's flooding conus with PAC air and not nearly enough trough to offset that. I'd rather just tell myself it's a hiccup and toss it. Gefs was a decent look. Ride that. Lol

It will change. Thats the good news.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

North trend forthcoming. This is a lock.

We are going to need higher heights off the E coast if this is going to effect western suburbs.   Otherwise it's a frontal wave that skims I95 and east like the early January storm. Or nothing like the Euro.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived