joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

I don't think you're in the heart of it yet. 

I was indeed in the heart of it. I was working in Pendleton which is on the Erie/Niagara County border right under the best returns and at best I would call it moderate when it came down the hardest. I was enough to put down about 1/2 inch on grassy surfaces over about 1 1/2 - 2 hours... not too impressive.

If we happen to pick up over 6", which is what the NWS is advertising, I will streak down rt 370 butt Naked, lol!!  I don't see more than 3" or less falling.  Its -2c at H950 and -8C at 850 and we're sitting at 35F with still a mix of rn-sn so we're already seeing the strength of the mid-Feb sun.  The -12C isotherm is still over GB stretching back to KDET so I don't think we'll see the lake light up till after 6-7 this evening.  But I will say this, when a squall moves through the dendrites look of the accumulating type so that's a good thing. Nice squall moving through now should be hitting the City in a matter of minutes.

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Have Patience my son lol The 3k nam has snow starting between 8p-10p and ends tomorrow early afternoon..

IMG_0603.PNG

Yeah thats when we should be cold enough aloft.  I'm patient but I still don't believe what the NWS is showing, lol.

5 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Georgian bay is springing to life over the last hour.  Should seed Ontario quite nicely in a few hours

https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=wkr

Yep, I've been watching this radar as well and it has sprung to life the past hr or so ans should seed Ontario nicely.  These NW flow events usually hit South of the City in the hills in and around Tully and Song Mountain.  I bet they've had a nice season thus far and should be pretty good Spring conditions soon I would think.  Not much of a skier so I could be wrong.  Anyway, I hope it forms over North Central Onondaga County and I  will  be happy and with a 290-300 flow, that's where it should set-up so let's see what happens in the next few hours!

Archived