Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 23-24th Nor'easter Nowcast/Obs

dmillz25

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Atleast for me.... this is one of the more impressive Nor'easter in recent memory as an overall storm....totals were eye popping, and wintery weather wasn't wide spread, but man.. she's been crawling, and crankying precip over us for over 28hours... 

If not for that warm layer at 800mb the interior would have been buried while the coast rained.

7 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

If not for that warm layer at 800mb the interior would have been buried while the coast rained.

We're atleast Gonna escape with 3-4" of pure snow.. it's puking snow and has been for a couple hours... Warning shoulda been issued up here when this became apparent, most north of 84 and west of Hudson will surpass 8" totals, NWS was advisory 2-5"

5 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

We're atleast Gonna escape with 3-4" of pure snow.. it's puking snow and has been for a couple hours... Warning shoulda been issued up here when this became apparent, most north of 84 and west of Hudson will surpass 8" totals, NWS was advisory 2-5"

The forecast today was completely blown.

8 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Where is the 6" of snow in that picture? Looks like an inch or so.

Did u read what I wrote before.. I had nearly .25 rain this afternoon with temps in the mid to upper 30s and 4.8" of sleet at end of precip 6am this morning, not to mention howling winds all night making it impossible to accumulate much on my deck which is elevated off my second floor..... by this evening, most railings, warmer surfaces etc were bare, snow/sleet took a while to stick to wet surfaces initially. I use a snowboard to measure for this exact reason... my observations are exactly in line with others in my area... 4.5" as of the AM in new Windsor, 3.8" in Middletown to my West, and 4.4" in Newburgh......

and as as many others have reported roughly 2.5" new snow/sleet 

Archived