Weathernoob335
Huge Damaging Nor'easter Obs

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Hi Dan,

At my home in Methuen I measured 2 inches of snow by early yesterday afternoon. And close to 2 inches of additional snow and sleet(mostly sleet) overnight. I would have preferred it to be all snow, but all in all a good storm.

You are more south than I am so were probably closer to that OES feeder band than I was, which is why I only got an inch compared to your 2".  I ended up with 3" total, 1" OES, 2" sleet.

Just now, mreaves said:

I did too. Probably going to just drive over it. 

I had a layer thing going on.  Was easy to clear the top 1/2" or so, but the layer underneath was very uniform and flat, only like 1/4" deep so that was the "bottom" to my crappy snowthrower.  I just came home and turned off traction control and floored up the driveway which broke it up all the way to the pavement :P  I think the rain overnight and mild temps the next few days will finish the job here.. Maybe not so much up there.

Looks like it's cranking in Western Albany County.  Finally snowing here in Eastern Abany County.  Finally some wind.  Northwest wind with some normal dry wrap around snow.  32.4F/32F. Coating of snow.  Hoping heavy band to west can drift east.  Probably terrain enhanced, so not expecting as heavy, but could be nice.  

30 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

I had a layer thing going on.  Was easy to clear the top 1/2" or so, but the layer underneath was very uniform and flat, only like 1/4" deep so that was the "bottom" to my crappy snowthrower.  I just came home and turned off traction control and floored up the driveway which broke it up all the way to the pavement :P  I think the rain overnight and mild temps the next few days will finish the job here.. Maybe not so much up there.

I have a crushed slate driveway so I like to have the packed snow base. I just hope I don't regret leaving the plow berm. 

37 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I did too. Probably going to just drive over it. 

There was 2" of sleet on there with some FRZRA that changed to rain and came down heavily for a while, So i'm guessing its going to be slushy in the morning, Plus it suppose to be 30's low 40's next couple days so once i take that top layer off, It should melt whats left off the asphalt.

and the best was getting all that qpf in part 2 yesterday pm and it being 33-34 hvy rain , "part 2" of coastals almost never materialize here and that could have been a foot with normal part 2 ratios....never mind the what could've been man snow from pt 1.....if only....

I too am done with this winter

22 hours ago, dendrite said:

Final here was 1.4" sleet with 0.69" liquid.

Dryslotted?  Here it was 2.09" LE with 4.5", a bit of crusty almost-flakes to start then IP, compacted by 0.47" of 32-33F Ra to finish.  Snowblower wanted to climb atop the stuff.  By the time I finished clearing things I could barely lift my arms, thanks to having to push the machine (and lifting on the handles) for it to dig in.  At least the icypebble character didn't clog in the chute.  My 20" pack is probably close to 35% water content.

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Dryslotted?  Here it was 2.09" LE with 4.5", a bit of crusty almost-flakes to start then IP, compacted by 0.47" of 32-33F Ra to finish.  Snowblower wanted to climb atop the stuff.  By the time I finished clearing things I could barely lift my arms, thanks to having to push the machine (and lifting on the handles) for it to dig in.  At least the icypebble character didn't clog in the chute.  My 20" pack is probably close to 35% water content.

Heavy heavy bullet proof

nsm_swe_2017012605_Northeast.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Heavy heavy bullet proof

If we get a good February/early March, this is the type of season where you go up to Sunday River on during your 3rd week of March trip and see a 4 foot pack with layers and layers of events visible...esp when that lower base is bulletproof. The stakes on the side of Ridge Run will be buried...we can hope.

Archived