Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Huge Damaging Nor'easter Obs

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That was a beast to shovel..Tree limbs embedded in the sleet pack.

2.3" total.

The grass was closer to 3"

Wondering if there might either be a flip to snow later as slot fills in or maybe a sleety mix?

right about the same here, 2.1" on board about 3 on grass...man the wind though, not sure if you saw my earlier post about the hurricane force gusts, not sure if im buying my stations obs, but we had some gusts that were pretty close to what my station read...

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

TAN ASOS has to have issues.  Winds were rattling the house and I only see a peak wind of 28kts.  They were over 40 at least.  

Winds on the Cape were sorta meh. Nothing that big at EWB or HYA either. Then you get to PYM/MQE and they ramp up.

Just now, DomNH said:

Lol has to happen sometimes. 

I actually expected it, but was hoping for a euro/gfs win with more snow. We were always progged to have less QPF so convert it to all 3:1 sleet and it's a meh 1-1.5" of salt. Looks like you guys in S-SE NH got into the stronger omega overnight. You basically had me beat with the OES alone though. 

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Looks like EWB were about 10mph higher. Mid and upper 30s into the low 40s.

Eh...maybe 5kt difference on avg? TAN had a 29kt in there. They're a little sheltered anyway, right? They radiate way more than surrounding mesos. 

51 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Eyeballed 3-4" of snow/sleet at my house in Atkinson. It was almost all snow when I left at 5:45.

Surprisingly, less accumulation at CON.

93 was a mess from Salem to Derry. Slushy, treated north of there. Sounds like DOT was going off of NWS' early Monday forecast of zero in that stretch...

Yeah that was no good. There was always going to be plenty of winter precip even in Rockingham Co.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Eh...maybe 5kt difference on avg? TAN had a 29kt in there. They're a little sheltered anyway, right? They radiate way more than surrounding mesos. 

Yeah, I''m think winds were just a bit higher than what it's reporting.  Could be with the NE/NNE winds.  There's a small small stand of trees and 4 airplane hangers about 50-100' away.

Archived